Skip to content

What Baldur's Gate related videogame project are you most anticipating?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
edited August 2014 in Off-Topic
I'm looking forward to Adventure Y myself, but this Torment: Tides of Numenera and Pillars of Eternity projects people are raving about on this site are also intriguing.

Personally, I love the infinity engine and these games are pretty much the only games I play, so any news about IE games (or related games such as NWN or ToEE) are exciting. I hope that these other games have similar styles to the infinity engine. Isometric view, imho, is great (one of the main things I didn't like about NWN) so any RPG with a great story that implements this sort of system is something I would like to try.

How about you guys? These three options, or something else related?

I actually don't know of many games like these, so any suggestions for games made in the spirit/style of BG or Planescape Torment would be awesome.
Post edited by booinyoureyes on

Comments

• elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2014
    im not really looking forward to adventure y tbh its been a abit long in coming and I know its gunna arrive at a time when im either playing other games or am simply gunna be to busy. sure ill probably like it its just not a release im anticipating.

I am very much looking forward to pillars of eternity though, that looks pretty great so far. Ill play torment and probably like it but it doesn't interest me the same as pillars does right now.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Im really excited for torment: numenera. . I'll try to play ps:t first, but I'd really like to see a good science fantasy game. Such a cool genre.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Stasis. Looks freaking awesome.

Plus, of course, PoE.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    A bunch of the folks at the office have been really enjoying Divinity: Original Sin, and I'm waiting for the time (and the home budget) to pick it up for myself.

This thread seems like it might veer away from the subject of Baldur's Gate, though; I'll move it to Off Topic when I get back to work in the morning.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    LiamEsler said:

Stasis. Looks freaking awesome.

Plus, of course, PoE.

Oooohhhh I looked it up on the youtube and it does look nice. I like the idea of an isometric horror/mystery. I might actually check this one out
    Dee said:

A bunch of the folks at the office have been really enjoying Divinity: Original Sin, and I'm waiting for the time (and the home budget) to pick it up for myself.

huh... I'm shocked I haven't heard about this at all, it seems very Baldur's Gate-ish. I prefer BG graphic style, but this is promising. I'll go check out some reviews and stuff. What is a good site for game reviews? IGN?
    Dee said:

This thread seems like it might veer away from the subject of Baldur's Gate, though; I'll move it to Off Topic when I get back to work in the morning.

Done!
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I suppose the only one I can say I'm anticipating is Project Eternity (or Pillars of Eternity as it seems to be called now), mostly due to having put down money on the kickstarter...
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    As for me; Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numenera are my most anticipated game titles at the moment. Also interesting is the upcoming 3D remake of Realms of Arkania: Star Trail. Well, what can I say... I have a weakness for the PnP game known as The Dark Eye. :p

As a side note, I'm really keen on the NwN2 mod Baldur's Gate II: Reloaded. And while I have no idea when that module will be finished, it goes without saying that it will rock!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    What Baldur's Gate-related project I anticipate the most? I don't know... maybe original VO's for other language versions I am waiting over a year and all that without any progress towards it?

Nah. Nobody cares.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Also interesting is the upcoming 3D remake of Realms of Arkania: Star Trail. Well, what can I say... I have

@Kamigoroshi‌ I just looked up that game. Old school, man. Will the 3D version be the same story and style? Most importantly, will it be isometric?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @booinyoureyes As far as I'm concerned, yes, the story and overall style is pretty similar to the original game from '94. It's not truly isometric though, as your character explores the world in first person. The turn-based battles however are fought isometric. You can watch the trailer of the prequel (also a 3D remake) below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLatNypjDg