Skip to content

Smooth Mouse Wheel Scrolling not supported?

FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
edited July 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
My mouse makes use of this API Microsoft invented way back when I think Windows XP was introduced? Since the game doesn't seem to support it my scroll wheel scrolls through things too frequently/rapidly making it practically unusable in this game. (Scrolling through menu items during character creation for example)

Thankfully Microsoft has provided a work-around to the issue for such programs within their Microsoft Intellipoint (And newer) software. However not all MS Mice that experience this problem have the work-around functionality exposed to the user, leaving such users in the dark/resorting to other programs to resolve it.

**Microsoft Intellipoint 8 help file excerpt**
Some programs do not support scrolling for anything less than a full line at a time, so they do not process scrolling instructions from a smooth scroll wheel correctly. If you have a program that scrolls too quickly, barely scrolls, or lurches forward when scrolling, you can add it to the scrolling assistance list. Then, when you use your mouse with a program that is on the list, IntelliPoint automatically detects the program and modifies the scrolling instructions to send only full lines of scrolling. If the program is later updated to support smooth scrolling, you can remove it from the scrolling assistance list to return scrolling control to the program.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303091 (Method 5 contains more info)

Another post I made on this issue for a different game can be viewed here too: http://forums.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/game-seems-to-lack-support-for-smooth-mouse-wheel-scrolling.52039/

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Bump? Would be nice to have smooth scrolling support ^_^"
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited August 2014
    I don't notice anything about this in the v1.3 changelog, any chance an improvement will be implemented in the patch after v1.3?