Skip to content

Help? Step by step guide.

ZakharonZakharon Member Posts: 72
Hi, I've played this game since i was in high school but I never got into modding, but then I saw this mod, I really want to use it but I don't know what I must do to get it to work (I've done nothing other than turning on cheats) could I maybe get a step by step guide on how to add this to my games? BG:EE and BG2:EE Please and thank you for your time.

Link: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29633/mod-duskblade-kit-v1-1-for-bg1-ee-and-bg2-ee/p1

Comments

• dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    edited August 2014
    I'm assuming the sticky topic wasn't helpful?

I'll break it down for you:

1. Go to your game directory. This is where the game has installed itself onto your harddrive. For most people it will be located on the C drive under program files like so: C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783 (unless you told it to install itself somewhere else, you're not using Windows 7 or 8, or if you got it on Steam). If it's Steam, look in your steam folder, steam apps, common folder, and you should see the games there. You'll know you're in the right spot when you see folders like data, movies, lang, scripts, and you'll see files like CHITIN.KEY and a game executable.

2. I believe the mods generally do this for you, but if you want to take the precaution, go on ahead and create an override folder if there isn't one already. This is just creating a new folder and naming it 'override'. You don't need to actually go into the folder, you just want to make sure it is there among all the other folders in the game directory.

3. Open your rar file and dump all mod files into the game directory (You will need a zip program that handles .rar files if you don't have one already. There are a lot out there, my fav is Winrar). You can use the extract option, or if you're lazy like me you just select all the mod files (to be exact, this means you are selecting the duskblade folder, duskblade.tp2, and setup-duskblade.exe) and just click and drag the files into the game directory.

4. Run the setup-duskblade.exe. Follow the prompts and it will install itself. Then just fire up the games and see if it works.
  • ZakharonZakharon Member Posts: 72
    dreambled said:

I'm assuming the sticky topic wasn't helpful?

I'll break it down for you:

1. Go to your game directory. This is where the game has installed itself onto your harddrive. For most people it will be located on the C drive under program files like so: C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783 (unless you told it to install itself somewhere else, you're not using Windows 7 or 8, or if you got it on Steam). If it's Steam, look in your steam folder, steam apps, common folder, and you should see the games there. You'll know you're in the right spot when you see folders like data, movies, lang, scripts, and you'll see files like CHITIN.KEY and a game executable.

2. I believe the mods generally do this for you, but if you want to take the precaution, go on ahead and create an override folder if there isn't one already. This is just creating a new folder and naming it 'override'. You don't need to actually go into the folder, you just want to make sure it is there among all the other folders in the game directory.

3. Open your rar file and dump all mod files into the game directory (You will need a zip program that handles .rar files if you don't have one already. There are a lot out there, my fav is Winrar). You can use the extract option, or if you're lazy like me you just select all the mod files (to be exact, this means you are selecting the duskblade folder, duskblade.tp2, and setup-duskblade.exe) and just click and drag the files into the game directory.

4. Run the setup-duskblade.exe. Follow the prompts and it will install itself. Then just fire up the games and see if it works.

Once they are in the directory can i move them into a single fire with the name of the mod since it seemed to add files in case I add more mods and wish to keep better track of them?