Skip to content

Creating an NPC mod. Need help with coding.

KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
Hello!

I've wanted to make an npc mod for a long, long time but I'm having difficulties wrapping my head around coding it.. even the very basic things.

I've got most of the general content in different notebooks already, and what I want to make is an Archer (Ranger) NPC for both BG1 and 2+ToB.

There's a distinct lack of such (useful) NPC's (at least in bg2) and the one I have in mind should be fun and very well balanced. Given that an Archer in BG1 is gonna be OP no matter which way you look at it, but ability scores and all that will be well within the standard npc values. I'd rather not go too much into the details at this point. (Should be a surprise after all!)

Anyway, the NPC i have in mind won't be radically different from other NPC mods in terms of mechanics and I plan to keep it fairly simple in the way it actually functions, but with more focus on dialogue/story.

So what I need is a patient person who can either hold my hand through all of this coding, or do the entire coding while I supply the content.. in which case you'd be equally scorned or praised as me, on it's release :P

(I am btw hell bent on finishing it, if it ever gets rolling. I refuse to see my own npc mod end up without a ToB part which is so often the case)

Going on a ten day (15th to 24th) holiday now though, so it'll be a little while until we can get actual work done, but I'm posting it now to get a head start on responses, I will be checking and responding to the thread regularly during my time abroad.

Hope someone's interested in being my coding wizard :) (or Barbarian, if you wish.. as long as you have infinity code litteracy)

Comments