Skip to content

BG 2 EE Freezes in cutscenes in multiplayer

shamushamu Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi,

I bought BG 2 EE earlier today to play with a couple of friends. Game ran great until we were entering Chapter 2. Then it all freezes when I/we try to hit done, nothing happens. I am running a MAC OS X 10.9.4. This keeps happening every time we the scene cut and the rolling text hit the screen. Only way to go around this that I found was to join the multiplayer game myself and go past the cutscene and then have my friends join.

As you might imagine this ruins the whole experience, so please any help at all is appreciated. My 2 friends are playing MAC and PC version of the game.

Edit: I have no mods or anything installed, just bought and installed the game from Beamdog.

Thanks

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited August 2014
    I am not sure if this issue is known or not, but I assume that there are missing MultiPlayerSync() actions (like everywhere in the game, but here they cause trouble), but noting can be said.

Edit: the issue is known, going to get fixed in the next BG2EE patch (not sure when that is gone happen).
  • shamushamu Member Posts: 2
    Is there anything at all I could do right now or will this be fixed in the 1.3 version of the game?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    For the moment you're doing exactly what you should do for this case: boot everyone out except the host during cutscenes, and then bring everyone back once the cutscene is over.

As @CrevsDaak mentioned, the problem will be fixed in the 1.3 patch.