Skip to content

Add Voicesets

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
There is one voiceset I always choose, because it's the only one I like. I found choosing voicesets in IWD hard because most of them were bad, so I only just managed to find six I like. A few sexy ones for my females and a few manly heroic voices for my men. A lot of the female voices you have available in IWD were done by one actress (who does the voice of Aerie), which is a shame. Luckily the six I chose for my characters I really like.

The voicesets available in Baldur's Gate aren't very many, nor do they sound very good. In Neverwinter Nights you had voicesets named and organized by their sound, for example a Brooding Dark Hero is a hearty, deep, aggressive voiceset.

Can existing voicesets be renamed to organize them better and new ones be added please?

Comments

• WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Definitely. It would be nice to see at least 3 more sound sets each for males/females.

"Heh, time for a bit o' rough n' tumble!"
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Totally support it!

"Let's do this quick and painful!"
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    another thing about the bg voice sets is that in bg 1, "default" had subtitles but no other voice set in bg history did, i would like to see subtitiles for the voice sets like they did in Icewind Dale
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @sarevok57

A lot of people turn off the subtitles, but I love them. I'd like them to get subtitles as well.
  • DougPiranhaDougPiranha Member Posts: 50
    I prefer soundsets from IWD: HoW, much better than BG or regular IWD ones. If new ones are added, those 6 should definitely be used as reference.
  • AzL0nAzL0n Member Posts: 126
    Yes please I hate the voices right now. Especially the female ones, none of them sound good. This game badly needs new voices.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    "...looks like i'm gonna have to go on a killingspree"; that's all i gotta say.
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @Zafiro "Arr what'cha be needin' matey arr?" / "Nah, I don't think so - Just kidding, I'll do it!"
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    On my second run though BG...WAY BACK, eons ago....... I made a bilbo baggins halfling thief character, and even found a 'Bilbo' soundset some guy made, it was hilarious, perfectly in character.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I second the requests for subtitled soundsets as well as more soundsets. There really isn't much variety currently and adding random ones from the net usually can't understand what they are saying, the subtitles would really help. It's annoying seeing subtitles for NPCs but no subtitles for your character.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    I think the voicesets in BG1 were alright, there just wasn't a wide selection of them. Unfortunately when you get 1 voice actor to do a ton of different 'themed' voices, they sound really put-on and perhaps don't work with that particular actor's voice. It would take quite a bit of time and money for them to really care what the voices sounded like and get it perfectly right.