Skip to content

Console seems to be nonresponsive.

So. Question. I enabled the console in baldur.ini, I can use crtl+space to bring up the console, but when I try to type/paste in a command and hit enter, nothing happens (no effect, no log, nada). It doesn't matter if I try C: or CLUAConsole, or even pasting a valid command from outside the program. I've tried several different commands (explorearea, addgold, createitem) but all of them don't even register. Could someone help?

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Well... if you've enabled the console in baldur.ini correctly:

-BG:EE

-BGII:EE

and if you are sure you're writing the commands in the console in the right way:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("XXXXXX")

or

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR5000")

or

C:CreateItem("XXXXXX")

... could it be that you're using the console commands for BG instead of those for BGII?
    I'm asking because BG:EE, having the same infinity engine version of ToB, accepts only BGII console commands...

• basduinebasduine Member Posts: 3
    This is my .ini
    and these are the commands I have been trying to debug it with
    C:AddGold("2000")
    CLUAConsole:ExploreArea()
    C:CreateItem("BELT01")
    (I also tried to paste the CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR5000") straight into the console. no dice.
    Could it be that the console doesn't work in irenicus's lab? or maybe you have to do it a different way in steam?
    I also attached a screen shot of what I am attempting. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the console correct?
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    It looks like it's ok to me...
    If you're on win vista, 7 or 8, be sure to run the .exe as administrator, even if you're the PC administrator: the UAC is subtle, sometimes...

At the moment there's nothing else that comes in mind other than to try to repair the installation by checking the files via steam or uninstall/reinstall the game and then to see what happens.