Skip to content

Spell Gate

I keep getting hit with the spell Gate. And I can't seem to dispel it from anyone hit with it. I have put spell protection on everyone and nothing seems to work. I have had to restart many times. Help.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You sure you are talking about the right spell? the spell Gate summons a hostile demon.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited August 2014
    @mewp12‌ Gate is a spell that summons a Pit Fiend. You can become invisible to the Pit Fiend by using the spell Protection from Evil 10' radius. As long as you do not attack the fiend, it will not see you.

However, your comment does not seem like Gate is the spell that is causing your difficulty. If it is the spell Imprisonment, the only way to manage it is to cast the 9th level spell Freedom in the area the character was imprisoned.

Mages can cast the 5th level Spell Immunity. Choose spell immunity: abjuration to protect from imprisonment.

Now, if neither of those are what is causing the problem, we may need more information to help. Where are you in the game? Which enemy are you fighting?
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    Maybe it is maze. I wondered why when I used it a pit fiend showed up. OK maze , how do I dispel that?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Freedom iirc, or just wait.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    You don't have to dispel maze, just wait. The lower the intelligence of the mazed NPC, the longer it takes.