Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Strength boost in Watcher's Keep not working for main character

DiamondBootsDiamondBoots Member Posts: 8
edited August 2014 in Not An Issue
I went through Watcher's Keep so that my weak mage could get a strength boost from the Machine of Lum the Mad. But it didn't work. The dexterity boost worked, and when I tried using the strength boost on an NPC in my party it worked properly. But it doesn't work for me. My strength is 6, boosted from 5 by a Tome in BG1. But when I use the Machine, it doesn't actually boost my Strength to 7. Instead, the "6" value turns red on the stats screen. This is strange, because I don't have any Strength effects. I tried resting but it still stays that way. Even though I don't think it's related, I should say that I have SCS installed.

EDIT: I went into EEKeeper and found out the cause. My strength really was 7, but it turns out I still had the DECK04 effect "Deck Strength", which was probably from the Strength card that I drew from the Deck of Many Things. Removing it restored my Strength to 7. I probably didn't remember to remove the curse because I was already cursed from the Claw of Kazgaroth. Unfortunately, it turns out that 7 strength doesn't increase my carry weight...

Post edited by DiamondBoots on