Skip to content

Help me set up the best best adventure for me and my friend

WolfiWolfi Member Posts: 1
Even though me and my friend never completed this game before (played when we were like 10 years old but ofc we didnt understand most of it) we decided to to complete the game as a duo. As such i expect it to be rather difficult and that we must choose classes that cover the necessary skills required to complete the game.

To make matters worse i will be playing bg EE and import my char to bb 2 ee, while he will join in bb 2ee.

so question is what classes should we choose for a duo playthrough?

We have sorta agreed upon that i will take care of the thieving skills and he will provide the magic and we both need to chip in on the combat and be fairly robust. He is enjoys human race and obssesed with heavy armour and prefer to be looking like a tincan. however if the quest wont be completeable(is that a word?) with that requirement ofc he will sacrifice it for the greater good.

For him i thought maybye f/m, r/c, or paladin. What do you guys think, or some good dualclass?

For me on the other hand ive got several ideas

1. F/T As far is i can tell this class is supersolid overall, however i dont like that you cant get GM, also for me the UAI seems redundant when F already can use armour. Also it seems to me that alot of xp will be wasted on the thief after ive gotten the thief skills i need.

2. F/M/T this one is even more rounded and will surley really handy throughout the game, however i feel like youre spreading yourself too thin. After all, if we both go tripleclass we will still lv up just as slow as a 6 man party. low lv, no GA, and it is surley it is a waste if my friend can take abseloutt care of our magic needs

3. Ken-T super powerfull almoast everyhting im looking for, however still no GM, after the the switch to thief i feel like hes not going to get alot stronger since the thief will get the most lvs. Also if i dual at the recomended 9 or 13 we will lack a good thief early in BB 2. or will this be offset of us beeing a duo?(since we get alot of xp)

4. thief(either swash or assassin) - F i havent found much on this, but if im correct i can get the thiefskills i need, then proceed to be a super fighter with lots of hp who only grows stronger and stronger(whereas the others will ken/t will benot get that much stronger) GM.

Now these are my thougts and dont hesitate to correct me if im wrong!, since im playing the first game solo i can tweak my character to the max, as i dont need to be of good use before SOA. i will ofcourse use npc companions.

So what combo would you pick? also please give me the idea behind the suggestion, and not just "F/C"
Also more importantly what do you think of my suggestions? are these correct? something i missed????

please help me as i cant start before i know exactly which class im going to play!!!!! thank you so much for your time
Post edited by Wolfi on

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited July 2014
    Hehe, yes, completeable a word, or word enough for us, at least.
    Anyway, if he's gonna cover magic, and obsessed with heavy armor:
    So yea. Mages can't cast with armor on, when they can wear it at all.
    That aside, I'm not sure what you're doing, exactly. When you say bb2o you mean the black Pitts?
    As best as I can tell, you're playing bg1ee by yourself, and then you'll import into black Pitts 2, and your friend will join?
    If that's the case, your not making it easy for yourself. Bp is far more difficult than the main campaign, and not nearly as interesting. I'm sure you could make it with 2 characters, but it would be quite difficult. I would just play through the game together.
    Regardless, with only two people, XP will not be a problem, and I would recommend at least one of you goes tripleclass, if not both. (I would remove the XP cap though) though you could definitely make it with only 2 classes each. Maybe F/C and M/T? That would cover all the bases.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    edited August 2014
    You: F/M/T. You're not spreading yourself too thin if it's only a two character party. Plus, since it will be your first full play through, you want to make sure all your bases are covered.

Your friend: R/C. He can look like a tin can and, since he will have Druid spells (it's a bug), he will be more "magey" than any other class with armor.