Skip to content

LFM Speed Dating - BG1:EE. EST Timezone, works first shift 9a-5p.

windspinwindspin Member Posts: 20
Hi Guys,

I am interested in making a friend who wants to do some multiplayer action! Game is BG1:EE w/ two mods - SCS & BG2Tweaks. (I will eventually beat this and move to BG2:EE)

I am relatively new to Baldur's Gate, but I am experienced with tactical rpgs and the like. After my first hour with this game I knew I would be a long-time player, regardless of "how old" it is.

Long story short: I haven't really gotten past the Nashkel Mines yet. Well I cleared them, but am having a blast restarting to try new toons and such. It occurred to me that this would be much more fun with a friend.

Skype, mumble, teamspeak, vent... whatever you prefer is great! If things go well we eventually exchange cell numbers for texting and planning ahead / theorycrafting.

I am really interested in playing a Dwarf. Fighter/Thief, Fighter/Cleric, Berserker, Dwarven Defender - my options are open - but I would like to be an "Armored Dwarf." If you want to be a mage - I will be your wall. Honestly there are a thousand builds I am more than happy to try!!

About me: My name is Mick. I work 9a-5p EST - live in Buffalo, NY - I am super chill guy, daily smoker of teh mary jane, and my favorite thing to do is to lose myself in a game. Looking to pick and choose weeknights to play some, and I am also open to long marathons on the weekends. I have my rig set up to a big screen TV and I am going to be at this for quite some time.

TL:DR;

-I want a friend =(

-BG1:EE w/ limited mods. We can sync up our mods beforehand.

-I have used Steam to purchase my game, if that matters for anything.

-Gametime - I work 9-5p EST and my life is basically Running and Gaming. If I am not at work, I will be on the game. It's fresh and new to me. I will probably be playing this well into 2015.

-What I am like; chill guy, history of years in WoW - favorite aspect was PvE raiding/tanking heroics, favorite games have been Dragon Age: Origins, Rift, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Ogre Battle, Shining Force, Skyrim. Usually something with tactical/fun combat and a decent story. I modded Skyrim to high heaven. I actually found out about BG on the Divinity: Original Sins forums. Another game I am interested in - but newer and not so well done as Baldur's Gate.

-RP ... I can do light RP. But let's be honest I am going to be stoned and having a good time. I laugh at just about everything and never get mad. But I can't see myself literally talking to you like a Dwarf. Lmao.

-I like to really clean out towns and maps. Fog of War is the enemy. Don't usually pickpocket, but I will search high and low, every container, when I am playing alone. If I am with a friend I will be much more lenient with my play style in an effort to keep both of us happy. My gameplay style is generally to really crank up the difficulty and try to struggle through hard fights. Reloading and trying to win by the skin of my teeth is fine. Also turning the difficulty down and trying a no-reloads run isn't out of the question either.

If you have any interest - please send me a message and I will get back to you. I will be at this for awhile so please consider this post to be active if you stumble into it a couple weeks from now.

Thanks!

Comments