Skip to content

Cross platform play

DtoxDtox Member Posts: 4
My brother and I have the Windows version of BG:EE, and I was wondering if we would be able to play with our friend who wants to buy the mac version.

anyone know if it will work?

Comments

• FierabrasFierabras Member Posts: 7
    I am not very sure, but maybe with hamachi through ip?
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I'm on Windows and I play sometimes with a friend who has the Mac version and it works perfectly, BG:EE like the Black Pits. Didn't try BG2:EE though
  • ZyriakZyriak Member Posts: 1
    Gotural, I know it's been a few months since you posted this, but I am trying to play with a friend on Mac, and am wondering if you could tell me the setup you and your friend were using. Thanks
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    @Zyriak‌ the best way to grab his attention would be to write his name like @Gotural‌ , as unless he's watching this thread he probably wouldn't otherwise see your question.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    We were just playing the vanilla game. No mods or anything. I was hosting the game on my windows and my friend on his mac joined my game without encountering any problems. We even played some three players multiplayer recently.
  • ElectricZElectricZ Member Posts: 2
    The 1.3 patch is supposed to fix cross-platform play. We tried it out with a PC as the host and an android tablet and it WORKED.

To Beamdog, thank you! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

p.s. Thank you!!! :D