Skip to content

BG2 Tweaks - Exotic Items bug

EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
Since patch 1.3 there seems to be bug with Exotic Items Pack component. When you visit Thalantyr and check his items stock, when you scroll all the way down, game freezes. Can anyone check this for me? Maybe it's only on my side.

Comments

• ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Etamin I'm running Tweaks with the Exotic Items component on patch 1.3 also. I just tested this with Thalantyr and I am not having that issue. Are you using any other mods? Also what makes you think it's because of the Exotic Items pack?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited August 2014
    I installed first NPCProject and Sirin Call, then BG2 Tweaks. When i noticed this bug i uninstalled NPCProject and Sirin Call then started removing components from BG2 Tweaks. After removing exotic items pack bug was fixed. Does Thalantyr has some new exotic items in his stock?
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I have all those mods installed also. Thalantyr does have the Ioun stones in my game but I'm not having the crash issue.
    Could it be an install order issue? I installed NPC Project first then Sirines Call then Tweaks.
    edited August 2014
    I'm reinstalling game now so after 2 hours i will try to install only bg2 tweaks. My installaion order was NPCP->SC->BG2T
    edited August 2014
    Now i installed only this component from this mod and I know what's wrong - something is screwed with polish translation of this component. Screen of Ioun stone from Thalantyr shop:

Any polish players who can check this?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Etamin, all .tra's coded in UTF-8 without BOM? You probably checked it already, but still:)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @CamDawg, any chance it's related with lack of UTF-8 coding? I glared at the setup.tp2 code, but couldn't understand a jack from it:P Seems fine to me, though:)
    I just installed this component in english - it works fine, the description is at it should be and no freeze.
    edited August 2014
    Problem solved by coverting tra files format for UTF-8 without BOM :)
    @CamDawg if you plan to update BG2 Tweaks, add please those 4 tra files to polish language folder. They are correctly converted to proper format: cdn.vanillaforums.com/baldursgate.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/33/ad72d090c4b8486326b068169bc105.zip
    Post edited by Etamin on