Skip to content

Make it so that Halbazzer Drin casts Meteor Swarm (BGEE)

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Anyone who has ever looked through Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast has probably seen tidbits here and there of how they incorporated things in it into the game.

One of these is Sorcerous Sundries and its owner, Halbazzer Drin.

According to Volo, when attacked Halbazzer Drin has been known to fire off a Meteor Swarm on his opponents.

Unfortunately when the game was originally released this wouldn't have been an option (I'm guessing) because I'm assuming it wasn't a programmed spell until BG2. However, now that the spell exists in BGEE I was hoping to see it given to him (and him scripted so that he can cast it).

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Heck, why not? He's supposed to be very high level.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Yep. He is a level 18 mage both in the game and according to volo.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    elminster said:

Yep. He is a level 18 mage both in the game and according to volo.

Yeah well I don't think he actually is mechanically. All the Mage stroke eps née a boost. A lvl 3 fighter can down thalantyr, and firebead elvenhair is pretty weak too.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Yea I meant more from a hit dice standpoint than from a casting standpoint. From a hit dice/level standpoint he is a level 18 mage, and he even has the stats mentioned in volo's guide, though he doesn't have the right saving throws/spells for his level (I wasn't really expecting them to be added only looking for meteor swarm since its a bit simpler to do).