Skip to content

De'Arnise keep upper level.

I can't find my way to the upper level of the keep. I think I've been out every door to the roof, and I can see two more doors at higher levels but I can't get there. Anybody remember ? Also, is there a way to make the coordinates show on the map?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    At the courtyard, take the first stairs and go through the door .
    There is another entrance at the second door after Nalia's father bedroom door.
  • mythladymythlady Member Posts: 37
    Thanks, I'll look for it.
    Oh, my question about coordinates -- I'm playing on an iPad. ??
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited September 2014

12 are the stairs to the basement.
    13 are the stairs to the rooftop.
    Thanks -- I'm on the rooftop. There's supposed to be a door to the upper level on the rooftop, but I can't find it.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

5 are the entry points back into the keep.
    edited September 2014
    Thank you very much, Sylvus, but I've been in all entrances marked #5. I'm looking for a way to the doors on the higher levels.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    If I remember correctly, there are some high up bits of the keep which you can see from the outside (and have doors), but there's no way to actually get to them.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Hit x and place your cursor somewhere to see coordinates.

Its supposed to be #7 on this map that you take to get to the roof. The door to get into it may be locked however.

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited September 2014
    @elminster‌: done and done, thanks for having pointed this. ;)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited September 2014
    @mythlady: I've splitted comments from users helping you in three different threads about the same topic started by you and merged all of them in one.
    I ask you kindly to post just one thread about a specific topic: if you feel you posted it in the wrong area, you can simply edit the OP by clicking the gear icon on its top-right corner and by selecting "edit", then selecting the right forum area from the cascade menu you'll find there.

If you're not sure which area is the right one, just ask to one of the moderators (you'll recognize them from the grey background in their posts) or to one of the forum admins (blue background) and they'll point you to the right place.

Thank you for your understanding.

@elminster: thanks again. :)
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, I didn't know how to do that. Will be more careful next time. I looked for a way to delete the posts but couldn't find it. Thanks for the tips everyone, but They are still not what I need -- I know how to get to the second floor, I know how to get on the roof. I have yet to find lord Darnise's room and don't know how to find that. The walkthrough says there's supposed to be an entrance to the "upper level" --I presume is not the second floor -- from the roof. Also, I'm playing on an iPad so I can't push x to see the coordinates. If I could see them, I wouldn't need to be asking.
    Okay I've figured most of it out but still not the coordinates.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @mythlady the walkthroughs can be confusing if you're from the UK or anywhere else that calls the floor that's at ground level the ground floor, the floor above it the first floor and so on. Just a small point to bear in mind.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    mythlady said:

Thanks, I didn't know how to do that. Will be more careful next time. I looked for a way to delete the posts but couldn't find it. Thanks for the tips everyone, but They are still not what I need -- I know how to get to the second floor, I know how to get on the roof. I have yet to find lord Darnise's room and don't know how to find that. The walkthrough says there's supposed to be an entrance to the "upper level" --I presume is not the second floor -- from the roof. Also, I'm playing on an iPad so I can't push x to see the coordinates. If I could see them, I wouldn't need to be asking.

The yellow arrow shows how to get to the final level that is probably what you are looking for. Its actually the basement, but you can only access it from the 2nd floor.

The red arrow shows you to get to the middle of the map. There is an encounter you may want to do there before going below.

Places I've circled with blue have hidden entrances. There is at least one more on this level I think, but if nothing else it'll give you a good idea of why you might be having difficulty finding places.

Also be wary of traps.