Skip to content

Absolute beginner here...question about Android version...

Hi everyone,

I have never, ever played BG, or any D&D game whatsoever. I have to say that I am a little intimidated. I hope it will not be too complicated.

Be that as it may, I bought the android version to play on my Moto X and N7. Is it too much to hope for that I will be able to play the same game on each device? If I play on my phone, will I then be able to switch to my tablet and pick up right where I left off? Is that too much to hope for? Will I have to keep separate games on each device?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    If you bought the Android Version, you'll be able to install it on every android device (5" or larger screen).
    I suggest you to play it at least on a tablet and to use a touch pen, I personally find playing on smartphones a little hard because of the amount of particulars you could miss on a 5" screen. :)
  • TommyC1969TommyC1969 Member Posts: 2
    Will I be able to play the same game seamlessly on multiple devices? If I play for a while on my phone, and then switch to my tablet, will I be able to pick up the same game exactly where I left off playing on the other device?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Will I be able to play the same game seamlessly on multiple devices? If I play for a while on my phone, and then switch to my tablet, will I be able to pick up the same game exactly where I left off playing on the other device?

I've heard that it can be done through 3rd party applications but it doesn't come that way, I don't think. (Unless I'm missing something HUGE)
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited August 2014
    If you install your game on multiple devices you need to copy the savegames everytime to play the same run on different devices, I can't remember where they're located and maybe you'll need root access on the devices to find and copy them. You could use a cloud service like Dropbox, or Google Drive to easily access your savegames after copying them in it. :)
  • Sorvan76Sorvan76 Member Posts: 76
    edited September 2014
    Android games are stored in Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancedition/files/save.

Just copy the folder of the save game you want to play onto the same location on your other Android device and you're good to go. As far as I know, root access is not required. :)

You'll be able to pick up where you left off on your other device!