Skip to content

Interrupted while pathing or looting a container?

Though I've had it for a while, I only recently got the mood to finally play through BG:EE. Consequently I've only got about 5 hours in, but I've run into a problem several times in that period; while a character is either moving, or looting, they will suddenly be interrupted. This isn't the classic pathing madness that BG has always had... I played hundreds of hours back in the day. This is, for example, crossing an open room a screen distance away, and every few steps, stopping as if interrupted. Or, far more annoyingly, I click on a container, and the loot window opens up at the bottom of the screen, but within a second, it closes again as if interrupted.

When these things are occurring, they are relatively persistent until I reload the game. Any ideas? Thank you!

Comments

• DevilfishDevilfish Member Posts: 5
    Actually, a thought occurred to me just now, while it was happening. It stops when I turn off party AI, and starts again when I turn it back on, completely repeatable (for me anyway). The character in question is my PC, and he's using the Fighter Defensive script.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Devilfish said:

Actually, a thought occurred to me just now, while it was happening. It stops when I turn off party AI, and starts again when I turn it back on, completely repeatable (for me anyway). The character in question is my PC, and he's using the Fighter Defensive script.

Yeah, already a known issue. I dunno why it wasn't fixed, it was even logged in the tracker.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30232