Skip to content

Saving Throws Table per Class!

Heya!

I've been trying to find a table of saving throws per class. I know that e.g. a mage has better saving throw vs. spells than e.g. a warrior. However, I would like to see the diffrences between classes and levels. It would deem wise to know which class actually has higher percentage of resistance vs. certain spells.

Regards!

Comments

• ChackChack Member Posts: 23
    Playithardcore.com has a lot of information regarding BG. Maybe this table solves yor question:

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php/Baldur's_Gate:_Progression_Charts
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited September 2014
    Table reads for classes:Priests (cleric/druid, maybe monk?) Rogues (thieves/bards) Warriors (fighter/paladin/ranger) and wizards (mage/sorcerer)

So you will see priests have best save vs death magic (since they play with healing spells/positive energy a lot) mages have best save vs spells (they learn to resist and ward off harmful spells) but are bad as save vs death (fragile spellcaster) and fighters start out bad but get very good in all saves eventually. Rogues are neither here or there but they suck at save vs breath weapon, they are not tough enough to withstand a dragon's breath attack.

Paladins have +2 to all saving throws.

Dwarves and halflings get +1 save bonus vs death, spells and wands per 3,5 CON they have. (So con 7 gives +2, con 11 +3, etc)

Gnomes get the same bonuses except death. (They are not as tough)

Multi classed characters get the best saving throw out of their classes, so a cleric/mage will have her cleric level's save vs death and mage level's save vs spell.

Also, a save vs wands is basically a save vs spell with +1 bonus. (Since it is easier to resist a spell coming from an inanimate object than a powerful caster)

Hope this helps ^^

• MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Thank you!