Skip to content

'Weapon Enchantment Value' as visible stat?

Something that crossed my mind while playing recently is that it would be helpful if your weapon's enchantment value was visible on your stats. I mention this because some weapons in the game have different values than their to hit/damage bonus would suggest. Daystar, for instance, is meant to be +4 enchantment value I believe. I know weapons like the SotM have (hits as a +5 weapon) included in their description, but this would still be convenient if possible.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It might help to know that if an item says "+X, +Y vs. something," it's +Y unless otherwise noted in the description. Because a weapon can only have one enchantment value, the higher one is used to determine what it can hit.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2014
    I figured that out through trial and error, but it bothers me of how unclear it is. Short of trying it out on the respective weapon-immune enemies, there isn't really a way to know that in-game.

Also, in some cases like Daystar and The Burning Earth +1 which flat out lie to the player because it actually has a +4 enchantment value, the display makes the item look a lot worse than it is. Is it possible to read the enchantment value as it reads to hit/damage bonuses and show it on the character record?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @Jalily‌ what about the lesser demon bane mace +2? Or did that change?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    @DreadKhan Jerrod's Mace (which might be what you are going for here) is an exception to what Jalily wrote (it counts as a +2 weapon enchantment wise). Arrows of Piercing is another (counts as a +1 weapon enchantment wise though it gets a +4 Thac0 bonus).
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Thanks for the verification!
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    I asked for something similar to this (My idea was for elemental damage being shown as a stat) and the idea was pretty much shot down :/