Skip to content

Monster party!

DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
Just wanted to share my custom EE keeper party and ask what you think?image Here is the merry adventuring party of a shadow thief(fighter/thief), Kua-Toa(swashbuckler), rakshasa(fighter/illusionist), minotaur(berserker), genie(cleric/conjurer) and a lich(dark moon monk).imageimageimageimageimageimage

Can't seem to put text where I want it so I will write it here instead. The minotaur accidentally got a lower movement speed but I thought I could make it up with +1 to strength and constitution. As for the lich I found several different models were one was a big black skeleton with what looks like a crown,a small floating skull and the normal robed lich. I wanted to make the Kua-Toa a sahuagin but I could not find any good portraits :/

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Lich as the Dark Moon Monk? Wat?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Interesting, lol. Did you just change the appearance? Or build them based somewhat on the .cre files? I mean if you actually used a liche you'd mop up, obviously.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I was thinking the same thing as @O_Bruce. Lich should have been wizard. Still cool as heck the way you have it set up though.
  • O_Bruce said:

Lich as the Dark Moon Monk? Wat?

I was thinking the same thing as @O_Bruce. Lich should have been wizard. Still cool as heck the way you have it set up though.

I was originally going for a zombie dark moon monk but I could not find a fitting portrait(just a lot of walking dead artwork...). So then I thought a dark moon monk LICH would be pretty interesting, attack animations are lacking a bit though(though another lich model have some nice hit animations so I may change it). How well this works with the rules I can't say but I was thinking that maybe she got some divine help from shar to become undead. Taking suggestions from race to justifications for undeath!
    Lemernis said:

Interesting, lol. Did you just change the appearance? Or build them based somewhat on the .cre files? I mean if you actually used a liche you'd mop up, obviously.

Well I did just change the appearance :p And added some fun flavor stats like giving the Kua-Toa and shadow thief high dexterity, the minotaur high strength and constitution, the lich extra intellect(won't do anything real practical), the rakshasa high dexterity and intellect. And very high wisdom, intellect and dexterity for the genie.

Will also gladly take suggestions to make them truer to the rules/lore!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Finally a promising party setup. Kudos to you! I was getting bored of seeing only humans, elves and dwarves, amongst other such minor folks in parties around here.

Still, the lack of oozes does cloud my enthusiasm... :(
  • Ooze swashbuckler?

Pirate ooze!? Calling it, next added npc will be a pirate ooze that you recruit in Brynlaw.
  • _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Summon Irenicus and Bodhi, CTRL-Q them and then go against the Five.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    DreadKhan said:

But do they do The Mash?

The monster mash!

It's Arkas and The Crypt Kicker Five!
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    In multiplayer mode, save before getting the Teardrop of Bhaal from Wraith Sarevok after defeating him. Export your character and replace the previous version of the save with the recent exported one. Continue until you encounter Wraith Sarevok. Ctrl + Q him into the party and proceed to the other test. Note: I haven't tried yet. But its on the list of things to do :)
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    edited September 2014
    Vasculio said:

In multiplayer mode, save before getting the Teardrop of Bhaal from Wraith Sarevok after defeating him. Export your character and replace the previous version of the save with the recent exported one. Continue until you encounter Wraith Sarevok. Ctrl + Q him into the party and proceed to the other test. Note: I haven't tried yet. But its on the list of things to do :)

O.O
    remember Sarevok crashing the game if you equip him worth the wrong items. Is this still the case?
    Edit: damn auto correct..
    Post edited by DullSkullTheSecond on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Ooze swashbuckler?

Pirate ooze!? Calling it, next added npc will be a pirate ooze that you recruit in Brynlaw.

This was actually already done in BG1: the Mur'Neth mod.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/murneth/
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    DreadKhan said:

But do they do The Mash?

The monster mash!

I actually came here just to post this same thing, but my efforts were for naught. :-(
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Ooze swashbuckler?

@Kamigoroshi‌ one of your... buds? ;)
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469

Vasculio said:

O.O
    remember Sarevok crashing the game if you equip him worth the wrong items. Is this still the case?
    Actually Wraith Sarevok comes with a undetachable invisible sword. If you ever ditch Wraith Sarevok from the party you will end up with his invisible sword in your inventory. And cannot be removed unless you use BGEE Keeper.

And to answer your question. Yea he still crashed when you attach normal weapons

• Vasculio said:

Vasculio said:

O.O
    Actually Wraith Sarevok comes with a undetachable invisible sword. If you ever ditch Wraith Sarevok from the party you will end up with his invisible sword in your inventory. And cannot be removed unless you use BGEE Keeper.

And to answer your question. Yea he still crashed when you attach normal weapons

To bad, his model would have been a pretty nice addition.