Skip to content

Can't Dual Class Imoen. Please Help

I am playing BG1 and I reached level 7 with Imoen. I hit the Dual Class button and after selecting the weapon proficiency I am taken to the Mage book screen.

There are no spell available for selecting and at the top of the screen says: Mage BooK Level 10.
The Done button is disabled so I can't complete the dual-classing.

What can I do? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    That sounds like a bug since level 10 spells don't exist - well, technically, they do since I believe the HLA spells count as level 10 spells, but these are never selectable until you've gone past the 3 million experience points mark (which, obviously, you can't reach in BG1). Is this a repeatable problem, i.e. does this happen if you try with an earlier save?
  • parinho7parinho7 Member Posts: 11

That sounds like a bug since level 10 spells don't exist - well, technically, they do since I believe the HLA spells count as level 10 spells, but these are never selectable until you've gone past the 3 million experience points mark (which, obviously, you can't reach in BG1). Is this a repeatable problem, i.e. does this happen if you try with an earlier save?

I don't have a much earlier save, but the last one I got has the same problem.
  • DanGrDanGr Member Posts: 1
    I had this same problem trying to dual her at level 6.
    After playing for a while and then trying again it seems to work.
    Weird.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Have you tried checking and choosing lower level spells until all are filled and then seeing if you can continue?
  • SkruzdeleSkruzdele Member Posts: 2
    i think bug happens, cos you can't dual class when you are such high level (for BG1). When you dual class, your previous class became active, when you reach higher lv with chosen (first) class. There is exp limit in BG1 and you cant over exceed it, you wont be able to reach 8 lv (7 too) with second class, so it crashes.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2014
    Skruzdele said:

i think bug happens, cos you can't dual class when you are such high level (for BG1). When you dual class, your previous class became active, when you reach higher lv with chosen (first) class. There is exp limit in BG1 and you cant over exceed it, you wont be able to reach 8 lv (7 too) with second class, so it crashes.

That doesn't cause it (AFAIK), even if it would cause other problems in the future.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Skruzdele said:

Imoen reaches level 7 at 40,000 XP. Dualing to Mage, Imoen can reach level 8 at 90,000 XP, plenty of room to meet the requirements to regain her Thief levels before hitting the XP cap(which is 161,000 XP)