Skip to content

Peaceful solution to the Magreb and Rilsa quest?

Wasn't there a peaceful solution to this quest?

After getting the quest from Magreb, I found Rilsa's body, retrieved her ring, and buried her body.
When I return to Magreb, my only options are to say I've decided to ignore the quest, and go on living my life. Or, to say I slew every last goblin (I haven't, only the ones in the cave which attack you on sight.)

After saying I slew all the goblins, he goes on to say he wishes I could have found a peaceful solution. Then he asks if I found where her body is, and I'm given similar options as when I first talked to him:
I was going to do that, but decided to go on living my life.
I found this ring with your name inscribed on it.
Not yet, but I'll get to it soon.

Comments

• KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Uhm, as far as i know there should be a peaceful solution.

I didn't slaughter the goblins outside, buried her body and retrieved her ring. I then proceeded to kill Rogdok and free Adoy.
    Then i had the option of telling Magreb something like "With their leader dead, the remaining goblins should be much more reasonable to talk to" or some such.
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, that's what I remember from my first play through. I did kill their leader already though. Must be a bug. Has anyone else has this problem?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Don't kill *all* the goblins, only enough to convince the remaining ones to sit down and talk. Both options are technically "peaceful" since there won't be any fighting once you are done, but not killing them all is the *optimum* solution even though you don't receive more reward for that path.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Interesting, @Mathsorcerer‌, but I don't understand. In what sense is this "optimal"?

@Match451‌, @KingGhidorah‌ - yes, I too remember there being some option about the goblins being more reasonable now. However, I usually tend to slaughter the lot of them, so I'd merely assumed that I wasn't being offered that option because the game had added a check to see whether it was applicable!
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    "Optimum" from the distraught ranger's point of view--he wouldn't like you slaughtering all the goblins when killing only half of them would have sufficed to solve the problem. Other people view things differently and wipe them out to the last one. The reward is the same either way.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Ah, I see what you mean. Thanks, @Mathsorcerer‌.