Skip to content

APR Broken?

I am playing an archer and using "The Dead Shot +2"
My current number of attacks on my char sheet is 5/2
My character level is 6 (not sure if that matters)
Its my understanding that a human should have an APR of 1
I get an extra +1 APR for using a arrow based weapon based off bg:ee manual 2.
I have 4 points of specialization in longbows which should grant me an extra 1/2 attack at ++,+++ and ++++.
My character APR should be 4/2 +3/2 =7/2 but is only showing on my char sheet at 5/2. Is this intentional?

Comments

• ammomonkeyammomonkey Member Posts: 7
    Actually looks like after ++ i would not get any additional bonus past the first 1/2 because I am not a fighter. Nevermind.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The bonuses you see in the manual aren't cumulative bonuses they are listing out what you get at that particular level.

So if you have ** it means you are getting an extra 1/2 attack, +1 thac0, and +2 damage compared to what you would have with * (proficiency). If you have *** it would be an extra 1/2 attack, +3 thac0, +3 damage compared to what you have with proficiency (*).
    Well I guess this is still an issue because I am using Coran with right now is Fighter 5/ Thief 6 and with his longbow at +++ he is also receiving 5/2 APR when I guess he should be getting.

1 APR base
    1 for ranged weapon
    2/2 for specialization

Which should bring him to 6/2's.
    Well then that would imply that you get only a 1/2 APR for ++ through ++++ and an extra 1/2 at +++++ regardless of character. So what is the warrior only clause for?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Non-warriors don't get any APR bonuses from specialization or higher.
    With *** he would only get 1/2 over someone with *. So 5/2 is right since its

1 APR base
    1 for ranged weapon
    1/2 for having at least ** in his weapon

Now if he had ***** in longbows then he would gain an extra 1/2 compared to what he has now (leveling to level 7 as a fighter will also do this). So then he would have 3 APR.
    The non-warrior thing isn't relevant to this case because Coran is a fighter and you are a ranger. Both of these are considered to be warriors.
    Right but my question is what constitutes a warrior since my ranger seems to be getting these bonuses but he is not a fighter and fighter doesn't necessarily mean warrior.
    Fighter, Ranger, Barbarian, Paladin. In the manual. Just interesting. Does it say it in the actual game anywhere or do I have to go to manual 2 on the web?
    edited September 2014
    Warriors = paladins, rangers, fighters, barbarians, and any kits in these classes.

Its probably just found in the manual.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    As a rule of thumb, warriors are those following the warrior THAC0 progression... rogues follow the rogue one, priests and mages follow their respective progression. Its listed in the manual which group a class falls under.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    When you reach level 7, you'll be up to 3 ApR!