Skip to content

A problem with IWDification?

BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
I just came across this one on Gibberlings Three and installed it, mainly for the extra Divine spells. But when I load up my current game and look in the Priest books, I don't see anything new. Is this because of an install error, or do I need to start a new game for the new spells to kick in? I'd really like to have Jaheira have access to a few more useful spells, especially the second level ones.

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Never mind. I started a new game and the spells were there. One thing I'm wondering though, are there scrolls available for the Arcane spells somewhere?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The spell scrolls can be found in Sourceous and Sundries, Thalantyr has some, too. No Idea about BG2. Check the readme, it might say where they are added.
    I had a look and it's not mentioned in the readme, but there's a link to the forum for it at G3. Lady Yuth and Galoomp sell them in SoA, and Arcana Archives in ToB.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    For divine spells, the spellbooks only update on levelling for games-in-progress, which is hardcoded.

On the spell scrolls, eventually they'll get more thoughtful placements, but for now they're just scroll dumps at the big stores.
    edited September 2014
    CamDawg said:

For divine spells, the spellbooks only update on levelling for games-in-progress, which is hardcoded.

That's good to know, thanks. It's kind of nice having some of the spells that I got used to in 3rd edition, like Prayer. It makes Jaheira a bit more useful when it comes to 2nd level spells as well. She really didn't have much before.
    CamDawg said:

On the spell scrolls, eventually they'll get more thoughtful placements, but for now they're just scroll dumps at the big stores.

It works as is, at least they're available somewhere.