Skip to content

1.3 Modding on iPad

HilarionHilarion Member Posts: 6
Do the methods listed here still apply for version 1.3? https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15979/howto-modding-bg-ee-on-the-ipad/p5

I'm a novice modder and would love to get the NPC Project and SCS on my iPad BGEE...

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Maybe some links are out of date, but it should work.
    CrevsDaakHilarion
  • HilarionHilarion Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the response. I'm using a jailbroken iPad and iFunBox, but can't seem to put new files into the override folder for BGEE in iFunBox, per those instructions. Whenever I copy files into the override folder they simply don't show up and the folder remains empty. In fact I can't seem to make any changes to the BGEE folder in iFunBox. :/
    Edit: Managed to get it working by great effort through iFile and Dropbox. There has to have been an easier way... oh well. :P
  • WackistanWackistan Member Posts: 4
    I've noticed this with post 7.X jailbreak. The way around this is to look for a program called 'Itools" (use this instead of ifunbox, it's lightweight) download openssh via Cydia on your device and enable SSH tunneling. Also, note that you have to approach the app directory via the raw file system after turning on ssh tunneling.

Sorry for the terseness of the instructions and lack of detail, I'm a bit swamped at the moment but I can answer a few more questions later on. Also -- you might want to use some sort of third party tool to modify the case of every file in the override directory to uppercase. Good luck!
    Hilarion
    edited September 2014
    Wackistan said:

I've noticed this with post 7.X jailbreak. The way around this is to look for a program called 'Itools" (use this instead of ifunbox, it's lightweight) download openssh via Cydia on your device and enable SSH tunneling. Also, note that you have to approach the app directory via the raw file system after turning on ssh tunneling.

Sorry for the terseness of the instructions and lack of detail, I'm a bit swamped at the moment but I can answer a few more questions later on. Also -- you might want to use some sort of third party tool to modify the case of every file in the override directory to uppercase. Good luck!

Using iFile from Cydia allows me to transfer files into the override folder on my iPad itself using Dropbox. Unfortunately this method is very slow, but it does work- I now have SCS and NPC Project up and running. And yeah, I'm using 7.1.
    lunarPibaro