Skip to content

Does anyone know how to copy male voice 1 from BG2EE to BGEE?

I always use male voice 1 from BG2EE, however after a long hiatus i decided to start a new BGEE game but i cannot remember how i previously copied that voice to BGEE. I don't like any of the male voices in BGEE so i would like to use the male voice 1 from BG2EE

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    You'll find the voice sets for Baldur's Gate 2 like this:

Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition -> Data -> 00783 -> lang -> en_US -> sounds. Once you're in, just make copies of your chosen soundset and rename them so they read Custom1 (or Custom2, or Custom3, depending on how many custom soundsets you have in BG1 already). Make sure you keep the letter at the end of each file name, as that is what determines which clip is played when in-game. So when you're done, you'll have a list of sound clips with names like Custom1a, Custom1b, Custom1c, etc.

Once that's done, just copy-paste them into the BG1 sound folder (which can be found in an extremely similar fashion as the BG2 sounds folder), and...you should be set to go! Just know that BG2 has more sound clips per voice set than BG1 does, so the extra lines your character would say in BG2 won't play in BG1. No special clips for when you hide in shadows or miss a target or crit-hit, among a few other things. Everything else should play as normal.
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    And the text in the dialog box (subtitles to accompany the lines)?