Skip to content

Fight with Melissan

I am totally unable to beat melissan espescially the 3/4 fight witch she summons 4 shadows (2 each sides) then teleports. she keeps summoning marilith and shadows all the time.

I beat this game I was a newbie 10 years ago without knowing all the spells. I tried many formation and spells and summoning but I finally get raped all the time.

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    @francfort40‌ It will be very helpful to know who is in your party and their levels. That way people can give specific advice.
  • BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
    If you have a high-level thief, plant 5 spike traps (HLA) at the place where she appears before you switch off the essence source. There will not be any fight at all :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Use wish spell (lvl 9 one) with a high wisdom character (or gulp a potion of insight beforehand) to get 'rest' option, this will refresh all of your spells and high level abilities.

Have your casters use spell sequencers, triggers, contingencies AND project image spell to cast as many spell as possible without depleting from their own memorised spells.

Use rod of resurrection liberally, when a party member is about to go down (low hp) use it to instant full heal. Use rod on one character, pass the rod and have another character use it on another wounded character for speedy use. Also use wand of breach/pierce magic to debuff enemies. Use high level remove magic and/or breach to dispel enemy protections and chop them off with your fighters using greater whirlwinding attacks. Flail of the ages+4 or 5, Ravager+6, Carsomyr+5 are best weapon options for fighter types.

Summon up a Planetar (or Deva, if Planetar is not available) and an Elemental Prince (from a druid) if possible and have them active all the time.

Target beholder type enemies and kill them as fast as possible, for they can wreak terrible havoc very fast. For level draining foes, have only one character protected from lvl drain (berserk, rage, ability, item, spell) tank them. Or use a mage with protection from magic weapons:as long as the spell lasts, level draining foes can not hit him. Amulet of power, improved mace of disruption protect from level drain. Have a level drained character restored immediately, as level drain debuffs saving throws massively and they WILL fall to next disintegrate/death spell if you don't restore their levels.
  • Viconia9Viconia9 Member Posts: 34
    I remember having a very hard time with that part of the battle as well. I summoned all the most powerful creatures I could, and had them distract the shadows while the party sneaked around the side to get to Mellisan. Using many breaches and other like spells on her. Evetually, we got her.