Skip to content

Changing avatar appearance of the sorcerer class?

AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
Hey folks!

So I came up with the idea of playing a mage, but I don't like the typical look of the class (which looks exactly the same as a mage).
I'd rather would like the sorcerer class avatar to look like a thief (no pansy robes but hooded armor = cool looking "Gerald of Rivia-style" sorcerer).

Anyway - is there a way to change the sorcerer class avatar from a mage into a thief? (No, I don't want to change the appearance with the the shadowkeeper.)
By doing so I could mod a "real" sorcerer class with more hp, the ability to put points in short-/longswords and better THA0. Yeah - maybe I'd change the name from "Sorcerer" into "Witcher" as icing on the cake, too ;)

Imagine this: The playstyle of a sorcerer paired with more hp - baked into a spell unleashing thief avatar that wields a sword and blasts everything away with burning hands! Wohaa!

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?
Thanks in advance,
Akuro aka "I still don't know my favourite class after all these years - maybe I should mod myself a new on then"

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Heh, heh, sounds fun. This is definitely possible. I can think of two ways to do it, but I have to double check the sorcerer details.

But first, are you thinking of creating a sorcerer kit or changing the sorcerer? The former might be easier
    Oh, some of this stuff is tricky; it just struck me that you want to make short/long swords usable as will as proficient...it may not be possible to do this without making them usable for mages as well.

In my games I give all weapon usability to all, though, not proficiency, so I can do things like this (i don't do this for armor or other equipment though and there are exceptions like the paladins holy sword.

If you dont want to do that, I'll have to investigate to see if it is possible to give sorcerers but not mages usability
    I'm spamming your thread. Sorry, but my phone is not edit friendly.

Just fyi it involves different steps to give proficiency, more hp, etc. just changing the animation won't do that.
  • AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    Heyhey,

no worries about spamming - I really appreciate the answers :)
    I'm going to plan to mod the socerer class (instead of creating a new one).
    Giving the sorcerer class the ability to be profficient in swords should be a piece of cake because it has its own defined column in the "classweap.2da" file (among others).

CrevsDaak came up with a sophisticated solution that I'm going to try:
    Applying a spell which changes the avatar to the sorcerer class by adding it to a *.2da-file.
    That spell (with opcode 117) should change the mage-avatar of the sorcerer class into a hodded thief-avatar.
    Furthermore he suggested to check with an eff-file for all the different race possibilities, but in my case that wouldn't be necessary, because I'm going to play an half-elf character, no matter what.

I'll let you know if my attempt was successful :)

Cheers,
    Akuro
    Akuro said:

Heyhey,

no worries about spamming - I really appreciate the answers :)
    I'm going to plan to mod the socerer class (instead of creating a new one).
    Giving the sorcerer class the ability to be profficient in swords should be a piece of cake because it has its own defined column in the "classweap.2da" file (among others).

CrevsDaak came up with a sophisticated solution that I'm going to try:
    Applying a spell which changes the avatar to the sorcerer class by adding it to a *.2da-file.
    That spell (with opcode 117) should change the mage-avatar of the sorcerer class into a hodded thief-avatar.
    Furthermore he suggested to check with an eff-file for all the different race possibilities, but in my case that wouldn't be necessary, because I'm going to play an half-elf character, no matter what.

I'll let you know if my attempt was successful :)

Cheers,
    Akuro

117 (reveal area)? Interesting.

Anyway, good luck. Let me/us know if you need further assistance.