Skip to content

Whatever Happened To Gamma/Brightness?

DMCDMC Member Posts: 44
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
This has been requested as far back as 2012, and the only posts that relate to the lost ability to adjust brightness and gamma have been archived.

I've had a terrible time with many of the maps, and had to crank up my monitor software to garish levels to be able to see and differentiate the walls and paths of the newer maps in particular (such the Shou-Lung Tomb).

I don't know why the old sliders were removed, but PLEASE put them back. It's really hard on my eyes to ahve to crank the actual monitor to extreme levels just for this game, and then have to crank them back them back down for regular application use.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    I too was stunned to see those sliders removed. Stripping existing and useful features, and thereby forcing players to change brightness & contrast externally, does seem a peculiar design choice. Hopefully future patches will address this issue.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    Has an development been done on this? Anyone have recommendation on how to gamma/brightness correct for this game only?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    For anyone who is interested, I have created a small mod that brings back a means to set brightness, contrast and gamma correction for both BG:EE and BG2:EE. You can download the mod here.
  • djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    These sliders should really be reimplemented to the game. I can't see anything on the screen on a sunny day like this, even with the curtains on. Tablet players are the lucky ones, they can always go play in the bathroom with no windows at all. It's a bit more of a hassle with a desktop PC and 23 inch display.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited September 2014
    djc said:

These sliders should really be reimplemented to the game. I can't see anything on the screen on a sunny day like this, even with the curtains on. Tablet players are the lucky ones, they can always go play in the bathroom with no windows at all. It's a bit more of a hassle with a desktop PC and 23 inch display.

But not impossible!