Skip to content

FINAL BATTLE EASY

Sarevok is easyyy as long as you have mages and plenty of wands of magic missile and magic missile piled high in the spell books. He is more vulnerable to magic missile and acid arrow hence the hint at the beginning with the Gorion fight thats exactly what he used! (depending on the mage level) give Sarevok about 5-7 magic missile hits and youve won!

Comments

• SomnamSomnam Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, that is exactly how I finished him off in my dragon disciple solo run.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @elminster‌ forgot to add that in ToTSC Sarevok is permamently under hasted spell. Basically, he traded 100% magic resistance to haste effect. I think it has been done so that playing mage as protagonist could be viable.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    O_Bruce said:

@elminster‌ forgot to add that in ToTSC Sarevok is permamently under hasted spell. Basically, he traded 100% magic resistance to haste effect.

Yea thats why I linked to the no haste version. I didn't forget I just didn't include every change made.

Apart from that you can find most of what he used to have, vs what he has now, at the top of the page I provided a link for.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    pretty much everything in vanilla is easy if you have a wand of paralysis
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Speaking of Saervok, who was a pain for me to defeat in the old days, I just finished a play through in which Jaheira summoned a nymph who paralyzed the poor guy. What a tragic, hilarious, way for the would-be Lord of Murder to meet his fate. Held by a freakin' forest pixie and then shot to death! I bet he won't tell THAT to his roomies in the Abyss.
  • Marginal0Marginal0 Member Posts: 2
    Did they change his magic resistance? It was a real pain to defeat him with my magic-based party, took a LOT of tries... It did make sense of him having the resistance though, otherwise Gorion would've pwned him good. Without the resistance, he's a bird for the cat. But I'm not complaining. :p
  • VfleetVfleet Member Posts: 15
    Dude i had branwen jaheir my paladin and khalid kill him before his mages even got one spell off. I think in TOTSC they should have raised his level and difficulty to match all the bonus EXP, gear and stuff.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Kill him with a solo cleric. ;) Consider Dwarf, the saves are nice.