Skip to content

Need help with item making. Or maby drow making :P

Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
Hello :)
Can any1 help me to make theese items(or explain me how to mod them):
- Celestial Fury with its original stats, only that its a +5 sword and it also dispel on hits like casomyr do.
- Another kathana +5 with 25% chance that target must save -2 to death or die, 2 to defense, 25% chance to lvl drain enemy.
- Composite bow +5, 10 fire dmg with 15% chance to cast a decent fireball dmg(like club of detonation +5) ;d
- Robe of Vecna with its orignal stats, but with 2 to lvl 1-9 mage spells and 30% extra experience gained.

I always end up with the same gear every time i play, and i always play single handed with F/M or F/M/T with casomyr etc.. I would prefer to mix it up, but i dont think there are any good enought items to do so ;d Last battle in throne of bhaal is to hard without casomyr for a single char.
I have runned true the game some times, and now i want a really cool drow FMT.

So if any1 also could mod a:
Drow Character with same adds like elf, just darker and with base 30% magic res and +1 to taco with bow and katana instead of long and short swords :)

I have never modded anything :P So incase i have to mod myself, can any1 explain how? :D I can manage much in eekeeper so i guess i could make the "drow" there, but items are hard ;d

Best Regards
Kjetil

Comments

• Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
    Maby another cool throwing katana if thats possible ;d
    I also need to know how to get the items into bg2ee ;D
    I have downloaded:
    - DLTC Editor Pro(how do i use?)
    - Near Infinity (what files should i open? How do i use?)
    - Weidu (how do i use?)

Wanna mod :P Need help ;d
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    If you have no experience of modding at all (like zero), you can check out my first attempt here. I started from nothing, so asked some very basic questions, and more experienced forumites helped me to create a very basic custom item mod, with various useful links included.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34933/multiple-damage-types-first-attempt-to-create-a-custom-item
    Heindrich said:

If you have no experience of modding at all (like zero), you can check out my first attempt here. I started from nothing, so asked some very basic questions, and more experienced forumites helped me to create a very basic custom item mod, with various useful links included.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34933/multiple-damage-types-first-attempt-to-create-a-custom-item

Thanks a lot :D I'll have a look :D
    But how do I open up a file? Wich file should I open? :) Dont know how to start since i dont know what file/game to open ;S

Can u tell me how to start, all the way at the start.
    1. Start Near infinity
    2. Open???????????????
    Locate the Chitin file in your installation folder for BGEE or BG2EE.
    Heindrich said:

Locate the Chitin file in your installation folder for BGEE or BG2EE.

Thanks a lot :D

I have now edited Robe Of Vecna in the Store.
    I added 2 extra spells lvl 1-9 and XP 30%.

But wich one should i use on XP increase?
    0 Modifier type: Increasement
    1 Modifier type: Set Value
    2 Modifier type: Set %

And should i use power or value? I used value 30 and set %. Is that correct?
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    no idea :)

Modding the Celestial Fury should be easy. Just copy effects from Casomyr.
    The other ones are not that hard, you just need to find the effects on other weapons.
    I have now modded all items i wanted :D I put them in the store in first townpart u come to, the one that sells baldurans armor, robe of veca etc :P But it looks like i cant find them there xD Do i need to start a new game to do so? :)
    I just used EE Keeper to cheat the items I wanted into my game. But then I only created one item and didn't make anything so op so I didn't have to worry about game balance and gold cost. :P
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Gel87 said:

Do i need to start a new game to do so? :)

Yes, if you have already browsed the store.

Alternatively, you can

1) cheat the items with EEKeeper, as suggested by @Heindrich, or with the CLUAConsole.

2) use NearInfinity to edit the store in your savegame:

Make a backup of the save, just in case.

Select your save on the menu on left side of NI, then select BALDUR.SAV on the submenu, click Decompress, find the store on the list "Content of BALDUR.SAV", edit the store, click Compress when you are done, close NI and save changes whenever you are asked if you want to.

Hope this helps you :)
    I use near infinity now :) I was able to edit the store :) It now sells what i need :)
    Although i cant edit description. Only a little of description i can edit :S

I modified katana +1 and katana +3 for theese items, they are easy to modify back.

I also miss the effect when insta kill vs people who dont save vs death at -3. I want finger of death & death spell symbol over enemies when they instant die :P
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    You will have to look in the files of the silver sword i think. or in the item SLAYLIV.ITM I think its the melee effect lightning or somthing.

You will have to look in the files of the silver sword i think. or in the item SLAYLIV.ITM I think its the melee effect lightning or somthing.

Thank you :)

Looks like i hadent save correctly, i had more or less copied the stats from silver blade ;d Also lvl drain wasen't saved.. I guess that one is harder to to :P
    There happened a bug, i dident want to save change once, and i clicked discharge change, now all changes got removed, or effects got into random mode. Showing zero at all.
    If i make a new change to the wepon it will just go back normal... Fuck it ;d
    Looks like i fucked up :P
    I did something wrong wich changed the katanas back to normal, and wich doesent enable me to enter my bg2 game anymore :P Dno what i did wrong ;D Suddenly stuff resetted ;d And stuff doesent match ;d

Is there any way to reset all? And then start from scratch to mod again? :) Without removing my xp cap removers and savegames ;d
    I think bg1ee is untouched atm ;d
    I was able to fix it myself ;D Just deleted the bugged items with EEkeeper. Then made them back to normal values. Then I copied a lot of stuff like casomyr, blackrazor, finger of death etc and made 2 awsome +5 katanas :P They work to good, i think i added a finger of death with "no save", i guess maby 1 from irenicus movies xD So awsome to see theyre soul get ripped apart xD

Well next step would be to make less overpowered items, wich i find by quest and that grows stronger for each quest, i can start it it bg1ee then furter on in bg2ee :P Can any1 help me with this? :)