Skip to content

Siblings (story/fiction)

Hi everyone!
Siblings is a story I wrote between 2006-2008. It starts in Irenicus' dungeon:

----------
The man shook the girl’s prone body.

“Wake up!”

“Wha— What?” the girl asked drowsily.

“Wake up, little sister, or I change my mind and kill you, after all,” said the man, sounding not at all amused. “And hurry.”

The threat had the desired effect; the girl opened her eyes at last. She looked at the man, and her eyes grew wide with terror.

“*You*!”
----------

... and moves on so like this. Basically, it's a story of how two Bhaalspawn siblings get out of that dungeon and play a game.

It's on fanfiction.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3256032/1/Siblings ; I have recently added a new part.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Holy Moly, I've never thought I'd run into you here, hi!
    Um, I just realized I never wrote back to you the last time. Sorry! I kind of fell of the face of Earth for a bit. I'll try to get myself in gear and get back to you soonish. ^_^;

TO EVERYONE who like to read: give 'Siblings' a try. It's among the best fanfictions I've read. The narrative flows very nicely, and the adventures and NPCs are re-written just right - they are still recognizable as the events and characters from the game, but different enough to be interesting. (BTW Ananke, I still haven't forgiven you for the way you tricked me with the Underdark chapter. :P ) I'm particularly fond of the retelling of Umar Hills story, and the way all the tiny quest got woven into the big plot.
    The biggest asset of the story, IMO, is the fact that the main character is not a random, author-created PC. That one got killed shortly before the story begins, and so the Bhaalspawn escaping with Imoen from Irenicus's dungeon is Sarevok - and his history as a psychotic warmonger is in no way forgotten. :D
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I reach not far in the story, but what i read was highly entertaining. I must read Sarevok's lines on his voice in my mind :)
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Oh this looks wonderful!
  • Ananke_AdrasteiaAnanke_Adrasteia Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    Oh wow! Suddenly, out of nowhere, I got a notification of a new 'Likes' badge - and, hey...

Anyhow, I'm glad that y'all are enjoying (provided you are enjoying). If you have any comments (positive or negative), please review on ff.net, or post here, or write to me - I'm currently working on some original fiction, so I'm very, very interested in that.

You, Syntia - I'm looking forward to you. ;)