Skip to content

Jaheira's Quest

Hi everyone
i just done her SOA quest (At the end Elminster gave her a Harper Pin amulet (i also pickpocket him and received 4 blue items before he had any chance to leave...hehe)) and noticed that i can't recruit her back into my party if i boot her.
is this a bug or what? Am i supposed to drag her along, all the time, if i need her after doing her quest?

Comments

• jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    Any help?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Try moving this into general. It might get more traffic there.
    jahes64
    elminster said:

Try moving this into general. It might get more traffic there.

i posted here, hopefully it is the right forum that you were talking about:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35582/jaheiras-quest
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    @Dee might know the answer.
    jahes64
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I don't understand, you have completed her quests, Elminster came, revealed himself and gave her a Harper pin, right? And then why do you remove her from the party? And after you remove her she does what, dissapears or just stays there? Does she get angry and storm off when you kick her out of the party?
    jahes64
    lunar said:

I don't understand, you have completed her quests, Elminster came, revealed himself and gave her a Harper pin, right?

Right.
    lunar said:

And then why do you remove her from the party? And after you remove her she does what, dissapears or just stays there? Does she get angry and storm off when you kick her out of the party?

She says:

What? You cannot mean--I stood by you through a very difficult time; I have turned my back on many of my brethren! Am i to be cast aside like any other member of the group? I'm not sure i could return after something like this.

Then i have 2 option, one of which is confirmation for sending her away and another is to say "stay with me".

I think this is a bug. Because Elmister came and honored her with a Harper Pin (Which is given only to Hapers that earn the honor), i don't see why she has "no place to go". Elminster said that she always has a place among Harpers IIRC. I think this had to be corrected after completion of her quest.

BTW, When Elmister came, my reputation was at 15, some guides said that for getting Harper pin i have to have 16 reputation at least. Any relation to this?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Personally I have completed Jaheira's quest before but I never kicked her out of the party after that. I guess it was like this in the original as well, say, if you kick her during her romance she normally storms off to Harper base, you can recruit her later but romance will be dead and she will be cold and all formal. However if you kick her out of the party after everything is done in SoA I guess she really has no place to go. Harper base in docks should be defunctional after everything that has happened.
    elminsterjahes64JuliusBorisov
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    If kick-outs and re-recruitments are an issue for you, I believe the BG2 Tweak Pack mod has an option for improved kick-out dialogues that allow things like having the NPC just wait at the spot where you kick them out until you come pick them up again.
    jahes64
    So this is not a bug???

Since, i got Neera after some time, and she has less XP, i want to kick Jaheira and everyone else than Neera out of my party and then make Neera learn some spells, so she can get more XP from scrolls and get her XP up to where XP of my other companions are.

If kick-outs and re-recruitments are an issue for you, I believe the BG2 Tweak Pack mod has an option for improved kick-out dialogues that allow things like having the NPC just wait at the spot where you kick them out until you come pick them up again.

isn't that mod made for non-enhanced version?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    jahes64 said:

isn't that mod made for non-enhanced version?

There is a version for the EE also. It can be found at G3: http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
    jahes64JuliusBorisov