Skip to content

The Party's Reputation Has Decreased: ERROR:NUMBER TOO HIGH

StratosjStratosj Member Posts: 30
edited October 2014 in New Members Welcome Area
Hello everyone! I'm from the Czech Republic. I grew up playing the Infinity games and, well, I never stopped. I'm no power player, just a casual user and an occasional AD&D player and LARPer as well.

Besides providing me with countless hours of joy, the games helped me learn English and I'm now using them to master Korean - with decent results so far, although I have grown older so progress is slower. With one hand always browsing the dictionary, I still feel like a little kid and I'm certainly not giving up on that feeling :) Japanese is up next!

I'm 24 years old now and work as a draftsman in pneumatic engineering but a lot of my work involves translating so all these years spent on the games payed off in the end. Massive respect and thanks to all of the translating volunteers as well as people providing additional content! _(_ _)_

Due to some back pain and carpal tunnels it's been some time now since I last played and I didn't think I'd be playing soon either. But then came out the android version for BG:EE, so there I am, sitting on the train to work, wishing the ride took longer. Thanks to everyone who helped with this project and the community in general for being there and making it possible!

Besides RPGs, I'm also a Starcraft (BW) enthusiast, which actually made me pick up Korean some three years ago, and I spend the rest of my past time climbing or bouldering in the outdoors.

I have lurked these forums for a while now, so I thought I'd say hi and maybe share some of my adventures and findings. I'm sure there are many others who use the games to improve their foreign language skills, maybe I'll even find someone to make it a bit less lonely? ^^ Anyway, excited to finally join the party~ With most of my friends getting married and making babies, it's been some time since I've had anyone to discuss the games with :)

Okay, that's more than enough text to read with over 10,000 scrolling screens out there to explore!
Post edited by Stratosj on
HeindrichbooinyoureyesHurricaneMetallomanCrevsDaakrufus_hobartJuliusBorisovBlackravenlolien

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hey! Welcome to the party.
    StratosjCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • StratosjStratosj Member Posts: 30
    I thank you, noble companions! Together we shall make 2D reign supreme in the land of Internet Dale.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Jalily said:

Welcome to the forums, @Stratosj!

When I saw the title, I thought it was a bug report. :)

Me too, but welcome anyway! ;D

CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Jalily said:

Welcome to the forums, @Stratosj!

When I saw the title, I thought it was a bug report. :)

Me too, but welcome anyway! ;D

So did I. I was like "that's nice, but what wrong exactly?" For half the post:)
    JuliusBorisovBlackravenMetallomanlolien