Skip to content

A question regarding BG1:Easytutu XP

LephidilesLephidiles Member Posts: 20
edited August 2012 in Site Resources
I have finished this game a couple of times. But when you start a new PC after completion my lvl is now about lvl 7 and xp is 89000 or something like that (when writing this i dident check the exact number)

In witch file is this stored (baldur.ini ??) and what "flag" is it or what is doing it

i want to start from scratch with the new pc and not at lvl 7

:D

btw sorry for my typos (there are probably some)

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    baldur.ini should be in the directory where Baldur's Gate is installed, not in any sub folders.

I've never heard of this problem, you should be able to start a new game with a new character at level 1.
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173

i want to start from scratch with the new pc and not at lvl 7

It sounds like importing a character instead of creating a new one. If that's not what you were doing, debugging your problem would require more info. Such as what exactly happened when you had this problem.
  • LephidilesLephidiles Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2012
    well it happens just about every time i do it ill explain a bit more:

First i do an innstallation of Baldurs gate 1 + tales of the swordcoast and apply the correct patch to be able to play bg1 in widescreen mod

Then i innstall Baldurs gate 2 + Trone of bhaal and apply the latest ToB patch

after this i innstall a standalone Baldurs gate 1 tutu using easytutu and keeping both intalls (so actually have all 3 innstalations in separate folders.

First time i play tutu it is ok PC starts at lvl 1 and i can play the game from start.

Ill do the quests i usually do and end up killing Savrok.

after this i get my Char1 that i can protal over to bg2.

so far evrything is fine.

Problem begins if I now want to start a new PC from scratch in BG1tutu

when i make the char (placing the attributes rolls and so on to the end) the new pc starts in candelkeep but he is actually a lvl 7 or something around that.

I think however (I migth be wrong), that the same thing happens in Vanilla bg1 as well
    that the game actually rember say what xp the old char had and also the npcs i meet will start at about 25k xp or so.

Thats why i asked where this is saved :) it was a guess that it was saved in baldurs.ini. This file is in the directory and evrything is working it is just that the PC is not starting on lvl 1 that bugs me a bit

(btw the first playtrough was with 6pc made chars so i dident use the npcs that playtrough)

btw Thanks for the replys

EDIT: btw i dont use any mods other than Gibbeling 3 Widescreen mod