Skip to content

DEV please confirm - 3rd Edition Rules in IWD:EE ???

I noticed this last night in the new manual could some DEV please let us know what this means?

I was reading the description of the Shadowdancer kit and it states in a few places

"Sneak attacks (if 3E Sneak Attack is enabled) progress at a slower rate..."

and

"Crippling strikes (if 3E Sneak Attack is enabled) progress at a slower rate:"

is this something we can activate in game? just what the heck is going on here?

Also i noticed The Paladin has now Mysteriously gained

"3rd level: Gains the Divine Courage ability, becoming immune to fear."

this was in IWD 2 not the original BG, BG2 or IWD, i am not complaining mind you having immune to fear for free as a Paladin is a huge Boon.

I am just wondering are we seeing the groundwork for IWD 2: EE here?

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

I noticed this last night in the new manual could some DEV please let us know what this means?

I was reading the description of the Shadowdancer kit and it states in a few places

"Sneak attacks (if 3E Sneak Attack is enabled) progress at a slower rate..."

and

"Crippling strikes (if 3E Sneak Attack is enabled) progress at a slower rate:"

is this something we can activate in game? just what the heck is going on here?

Also i noticed The Paladin has now Mysteriously gained

"3rd level: Gains the Divine Courage ability, becoming immune to fear."

this was in IWD 2 not the original BG, BG2 or IWD, i am not complaining mind you having immune to fear for free as a Paladin is a huge Boon.

I am just wondering are we seeing the groundwork for IWD 2: EE here?

All of these were in the original IWD.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    You are seeing the groundwork for IWD2 but its from the original game, not Beamdog's work.

I thought it was new too but it was actually from the IWD expansions and I just didnt remember it.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    And Sneakattacks can be activated to replace backstabs in the options menu :)
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited October 2014
    The Shadowdancer kit was in the original IWD? and Paladins had Divine Courage in IWD?

let me correct myself Heart of Winter did add Divine Courage, your right.
  • CedeosCedeos Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2014
    Yes, Paladins had Divine Courage in original HoW and 3e sneak attacks were introduced there as well, as was Evasion and Crippling Strike.
    Shadowdancer is a new EE class which was introduced in BGEE.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited October 2014

The Shadowdancer kit was in the original IWD? and Paladins had Divine Courage in IWD?

There were no kits at all in the original IWD. All of those came from Baldur's Gate EE.

Couldn't answer the paladin question. I never used them. But I'm sure someone else could. But 3E sneak attacks were there.