Skip to content

Heroes III Enhanced Edition

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
Dear Overhaul,
It would be great to see Heroes 3 Enhanced Edition among next games that you will enhance. This is a great addictive game that is still beloved and played by many players all over the world.
What do we expect from overhauled Heroes 3:
- Crossplatform (Android, PC, Mac, Linux, iPad)
- Integrated HoMM 3 HD mod (High Resolution Project)
- (optional) Integrated "Heroes of Might and Magic III: Horn of the Abyss" - mod created by russian fans. It fixes a lot of bugs in Heroes3:SoD, adds new castles, improves some animations, etc. More info at HeroesCommunity or Dev's forum (russian). Will be available in English in September 2012

I hope it is possible to push this deal with Ubisoft.
@TrentOster @CameronTofer

Post edited by Anton on

Comments

• Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Or how about Every Game: Enhanced Edition? Wouldn't that be grand, eh Mr. Oster?
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    I would prefer second game from that serie more than the third but would be nice
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    A remake of the classic Heroes games would be grand, even though I am a super-fan of the 4th game (yes, I'm the weird guy that likes Heroes 4 more than the other games :P )

I don't know if Overhaul could manage it, I mean, it is leagues away from what they currently are focusing on (RPGs, or better, Infinity Engine games)

But who knows, maybe in the future...? :)
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I miss 3DO :(
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    It would be great but I see 0% chance of it happening... Ubisoft only wants to make f2p now but they are still using the MMH name alot.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Wow, great Idea +1 to the OP. An Enhanced and Upgraded Heroes 3 would be as enticing to me as the BG:EE project...(Having a really hard time getting into the Heroes 6 game)

@Cheesebelley Duuude!!!...you need some help...we should take up a collection to get you to a shrink ;-)
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    HOMM3 was one hell of a game. Realy loved it! If it would be enhanced only make visual improvements but let the system as it was. I consider it the best of all the HOMM games.
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    Jean_Luc said:

Or how about Every Game: Enhanced Edition? Wouldn't that be grand, eh Mr. Oster?

Heh, as much as I love H3, this. A thousand times this.

There are like a million amazing games from around the turn of the millennium that we need EEs of. Fallout: EE? Fallout 2: EE? Age of Wonders: EE? Alpha Centauri: EE? Lords of the Realm 2: EE? Daggerfall: EE? Arcanum: EE? Might and Magic 6: EE? Might and Magic 7:EE? Icewind Dale: EE? Planescape: Torment: EE?

Actually I guess those last two are a distinct possibility, since they're IE games as well. But you get the point. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

One game series that I really think would benefit from an overhaul is Ultima. I got Ultima 4 from GOG as a free download and I've played it a fair bit. It's an awesome game with some really cool ideas that is tragically marred by age (the graphics are ancient but tolerable - it's the insanely counter-intuitive control scheme that really gets you).

A twofer of Homm3:EE and M&M7:EE would be pretty awesome, though. Expel all of Erathia's invaders then go wander around it for a bit! Maybe even help AvLee sneak some of Erathia's territory away! "Hey Castle town! Remember how we helped you in the war? Screw you lawl! Sincerely, Rampart town."

• pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    Heroes 3 have gold and platinum edition OC with two expansion (Restoration of Erathia, Armageddon Blade and Shadow of Death) work fine on Win Xp and &, rules on Heroes 3 are good. Even now new Heros form Ubi 5 and 6 look weakly compare with part 3 graphics isnot everything if game lose good gameplay that is not good idea. What should be change on Heros 3: hd graphics why not, computer ai lower down on higher diffcult level computer develops too fast, when hero gain level up should get 3 skill to chose and that is all.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    There are good heroes style games: king's bounty (armored princess/the legend).
    Actually, these beat the latest heroes games.
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    Just wait until Triumph studios makes Age of Wonders 3, it's not confirmed yet but almost certain thats what they are working on
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Manveru said:

Just wait until Triumph studios makes Age of Wonders 3, it's not confirmed yet but almost certain thats what they are working on

That would rock my world. :)

• KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    HoMM is still an active IP, no? Probably not gonna be possible to remake, despite the fact that Heroes 3 is one of the best games ever...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    If any games are in dire need of Trent Oster's hands and some crushed athelas, then it's Looking Glass Studios' games.
    Whenever I open my Thief2 box I hear angelic harps ring from the skies a chorus of burricks provide a moody bassline and the Young Mens Hammerite Association do a mallet dance around the room.. But I can't install it on my computer :(
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    HOMAM3 is great classic. Had awesome graphics and feel to it.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    How about, Ubisoft would hire a competent development team to design HOMM7, and also stop changing its name every 5 minutes. That would be my request.
  • SebastianSebastian Member Posts: 15
    You guys should take a look at VCMI project:
    http://forum.vcmi.eu/portal.php

Polish fans are rewriting the HoMM III source code from scratch in order to allow for more castles, more creatures, better graphics and HD resolutions, etc. Current version is 0.89, so hopefully the final build will appear sooner than later :)

Here's the project wiki:
    http://wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=VCMI
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Great idea @Anton
    @cheesebelly No worries, you are not alone I like 4th edition too, (imo the best soundtrack of all series) But I spend Hundredt of hours on homm5TotE and I absolultely Love it! Think Russians from Nival did fantastic job, Ubi should let them work on homm6.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri is a non-starter. Firaxis can't even get the rights to revisit this one, even though they're really like to. EA owns the rights and "He does not share power" (LOTR reference).
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    I still play Heroes III, wife and kids too. Hotseat was a cool feature. Would love an enhanced editions, and even better would be including the single player campaigns that came after and sold mostly in Europe.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm kind of okay with the idea of Overhaul not working with Ubisoft, even to revitalize a classic like Heroes 3. As much as I loved that game, I wouldn't want Overhaul to get caught up in the mess that is Ubisoft's PR department.
  • CuanCuan Member Posts: 38
    @Cheesebelly You are not alone. I prefer the 4th Heroes of Might and Magic more than the others as well. I love the way heroes are in the fight with the monsters.

But as for the OP asking for it to be EE. I would rather developers made new quality games than remake all the old games. My personal opinion.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    Yes, HoMM 2 and 3 are dear to my heart, but I will always ask for an X-Wing/TIE Fighter remake before all else. I would have even asked for it before BG:EE, though this is certainly a wonderful consolation prize!
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    Manveru said:

Wasn't Shadow Magic considered Age of Wonders 3?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    What I have found really interesting about these forums is that a lot of the people who share my love of baldurs gate also share my love of TBS games.
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    I want to see BG2 EE and Planescape EE before they even think about anything else.