Skip to content

Is this fine? (Thieving)

I mean I now know why everyone says "Go take Bard, it's good for you." A bard gets free points in pickpocket (while your thief can get the lockpicking/trap finding).

I just robbed Kuldahar and got an Amul of Metaspell Influence, 2x Free Action ring, and a Ring of Protection+2.
I know I've been playing IWD ages ago, but can't remember that some items were so easy to get right at the beginning. Might be because I never bothered having a Bard in BG/IWD...

Comments

• FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    Wow! That is pretty sick. You just pick pocketed everyone in Kuldahar with your bard to get that?
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Wow all those goodies. Now I will take a bard for sure!
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Lvl 2 bard was enough for such "feat." There were of course some higher profile characters as my targets, but apparently it was enough.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Basically in IWD there just aren't as many NPCs to pickpocket as the Baldur's Gate game. So to make the skill worthwhile they had to put some very decent items in the few pockets they had.

And since its an automatically learned skill for Bards, you don't have to spread your thief's points around to get them. win/win.
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    wow this game is soooo kind to thieves - first sneak attack and now this.
    and rings of free action are great in this game