Skip to content

Next Update?

At the risk of having things thrown in my direction with my first post here, I have a question to ask that I have not been able to find an answer for. As a LONG time infinity engine/BlackIsle Fan, I am curious if a "1.4" patch is/will be worked on? I know BG II: EE and IWD: EE are the priority at this point.

I was going to start a game with 1.3, but was just curious.

Hello and thank you to everyone. How great to be able to see these games again.

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Gotta appreciate the support you are giving to BGEE still two years after the release. Very few companies do that. Nice to see Beamdog is in the same company as eg. Firaxis that just yesterday released a Civ 5 patch, over 4 years after the game was originally released!
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited October 2014
    There is little reason to wait for a 1.4 patch ... it will take a while until ready, and 1.3 is absolutely playable – you very likely won't notice anything disturbing (and definitely nothing game breaking) in a normal playthrough.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

There is little reason to wait for a 1.4 patch ... it will take a while until ready, and 1.3 is absolutely playable – you very likely won't notice anything disturbing (and definitely nothing game breaking) in a normal playthrough.

Foreign players would absolutely notice, if Beamdog decides to include VO's. If they don't with this patch, I wouldn't count on it anymore.

• Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited October 2014
    English players on all platforms should not wait to buy or play BG:EE in its current state. Ive played the game to completion on android and pc. with the excpetion of water not displaying on a small number of tablets it is in great shape! Now available on linux (beta).

I believe there was some sort of patch on the beta users that added more support for additional and existing supported languages post 1.3 launch...
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    (i can say that german language plays perfectly well too in 1.3 version)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    AFAIK german version was treated with somewhat more care. I meant specifically Polish voice overs, I know there is a work around, but as someone from these forums said to me once, it should be Enhanced Edition, not Workaround Edition. As I perceive EE as a generally splendid refresh of a classic game, lack of vo's is a major dissapointment, especially that it makes no sense to me, since as taking IWD:EE as an example - it can be done.