Skip to content

when might we see A guide to new magic items in IWD:EE ??? by ajwz

since ajwz did the most excellent job on both previous EE releases any chance we could get a Sticked and running thread started by ajwz, where we could contribute magic item locations?

pretty please :)

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited November 2014
    Would be quite helpful indeed. Big task though, since you would have to spot the new ones amongst the older ones. I guess a full list would be more easily done.
    I did an excel sheet with the original IWD items a few years ago. If I find the file, it may be a starting point to an updated list.
    If I had the patience, I'd do a WeiDU mod to extract every parameter and put them into a text file.

Also, worth mentioning that the random loots from IWD were altered in HoW. I don't know if Beamdog restored some items or added new ones.
    Post edited by Abel on
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    wow that is a lot of work indeed. I would like to know where all items, new and old are located. When HoW came out all the previous random loot was removed, i am assuming they have been restored as i think i read, so i would like to see what items at what location can be found, all of them ;)
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2014
    In the meantime you can search for the new items using Infinity Explorer, their item codes begin with cd

Most of the items are from the item upgrade and unfinished business mods
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/iu_iwd/spoilers3.php
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/ub_iwd/

*Orrick can now enchant Rhino Beetle Shields (removed from original game), as well as Winter Wolf Cloaks and Yeti Hide Armor (added by item upgrade mod)

*Icasaracht now drops her scales, which Conlan can reforge into the White Dragon Scales

*The restored undead paladin quest also restored some quest rewards, depends who talks to Sister Calliana in Kuldahar:
    **Armor of Penance +5 for Thieves
    **Robe of Agony for Mages
    **Cloak of Burdened Spirits for Bards, Druids, Rangers, and Monks
    **Glory of Suffering +6 for other classes (one of the best armor in vanilla IWD)
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited November 2014
    You're right. Restored items though do not have that prefix. Some are also unheard of while appearing as restorations (for example some Katanas OP asked about in another thread).
    The RNDTRES.2DA which determines the random loots must have been modified as it's not in caps like all other 2DA files.
    The best way to list all new items may yet be to use a walkthrough like this one and take notes of the findings.