Skip to content

Beamdog Client?

What is this? I didn't need a Beamdog Client to play BG(2)EE. Is it required to play the game?

I specifically bought the games through Beamdog to avoid installing a client (like Steam). Now I feel like requesting a refund, and waiting for a gog.com release.

Comments

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited October 2014
    It doesnt require the beamdog client. You can download a standalone installer.

If you've bought the game through Beamdog, Log into the Beamdog site and go to:
    http://www.beamdog.com/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition/installers
    Windows and Mac installers are there. No need to install the beamdog client.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Thanks, that's great news.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    And, if you use the beamdog client to download-install the game, you'll be able to run the game without using the client. You just need to run the .exe

The only reason to use the beamdog client is to update the game when patch will be out.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Won't the IWDEE launcher feature updates like BG(2)EE?
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493

Won't the IWDEE launcher feature updates like BG(2)EE?

It does. There's really no reason to use the Beamdog client at all unless you really want a one stop launcher.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I need to explain a bit :D
    If you decide to use the beamdog client, you download-install the game with it. After that you won't ever need to use the beamdog client unless you want to check for updates.
  • RobotdjuretRobotdjuret Member Posts: 1

you've bought the game through Beamdog, Log into the Beamdog site and go to:
    http://www.beamdog.com/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition/installers
    Windows and Mac installers are there. No need to install the beamdog client.

Oh man. Thanks so much for this. In my Beamdog account the link to what should have been the OSX client was broken. Kept getting a 404.
  • tgoretgore Member Posts: 7
    Did you have any success d/l the Mac version? I'm stuck at the launcher email and pw screen.