Skip to content

Web nerf

Spell's bloody useless now. I don't like it.

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    It was too strong even for a lvl 3 spell in the original form.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I assume you're referring to the smaller area as compared to BG? I honestly couldn't disagree more. Yes, on paper it's worse, but IWD's encounter structure (mostly swarms of enemies) means I'm getting more use out of it than I ever did in BG. I've had no shortage of success with it.
    elminstermeaglothRAM021jackjack
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it works fine when combined with grease. it was too strong, i agree

there are many free action granting items relatively early on
    you're not supposed to use it like in BG (web > fireball, fireball, fireball), but instead rush in with your free actioned butcher squad
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Jarrakul said:

I assume you're referring to the smaller area as compared to BG? I honestly couldn't disagree more. Yes, on paper it's worse, but IWD's encounter structure (mostly swarms of enemies) means I'm getting more use out of it than I ever did in BG. I've had no shortage of success with it.

No, I mean that it doesn't seem to work at all on anything bigger than humans.

I agree that it was too strong, and that perhaps a saving throw bonus or something could be nice enough, but most enemies in the game are just damn massive. It really doesn't do anything anymore.
    elminster
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Ah. I did notice that against lizardmen. That's a definite problem. Works well enough against yuan-ti elites, though, so I'm not sure what the cutoff is. Even so, I've found it extremely useful.
    meaglothelminsterRAM021
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Jarrakul said:

Ah. I did notice that against lizardmen. That's a definite problem. Works well enough against yuan-ti elites, though, so I'm not sure what the cutoff is. Even so, I've found it extremely useful.

This. This s the real nerf. The area Is no big deal, but now it only works on creatures with normal-sized circles,no bigger.
    elminsterRAM021