Skip to content

Pickpocket list

Anyone know of a way to see what can be gained by pickpocketing each and every NPC in IWDEE? I know in the walkthroughs for BG1 and BG2 there are often mentions of important items you can get through pickpocket, but I don't recall seeing such a thing for IWDEE. I never bothered with pickpocket in the original IWD because it never seemed worthwhile. I'd like to know what (if anything) I've been missing out on over the years.

Is there a way to generate a list of all items that can be gained this way (even the junk items)? Does such a list already exist?

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited November 2014
    Not a comprehensive list, but the most important ones I know of...

Ring of Free Action: Orrick and Arundel
    Ring of Protection+2: Oswald Fiddlebender
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    This is helpful, thanks.
    I know the grave digger in Lonelywood also has a ring of free action.
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40
    First in spoiler you can pick twice for something else.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    See there. Detailed list!
    I would also hint that some creatures possess items that cannot be stolen but can be retrieved on their corpse. As an example,
    Hjollder has a Warhammer +3 Defender (best of its kind in the game)
    @Abel: doesn't that lock you from progressing into HoW, though? Or is that after you get there.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @Lord_Tansheron No, you can perform the task in Kuldahar. You can always export your party into a new HoW game when you want to play it. Kind of cheesy, I admit!
  • baldurskjdbaldurskjd Member Posts: 67
    There is one sword upgrade that you can get only by exporting a party into HoW after you beat the game. Or by playing through twice.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    There's way too many free action items. 3 rings, and a belt. Guess the development thought all your guys should be melee.
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    Queegon said:

There's way too many free action items. 3 rings, and a belt. Guess the development thought all your guys should be melee.

Probably so they wouldn't feel so bad about giving every divine caster enemy hold person as their first spell.
    edited November 2014
    Oh enemy casters get to cast spells in your games? How cute :P

Seriously though, without SCS and its caster pre-buffs, it's stupidly easy to lock them down. Even Yxunomei can be completely prevented from casting ANYTHING by just giving her the ranged DD.

I got all the Rings of Free Action right away, and wound up never really caring about the effect because it's so rarely relevant. I suppose if you plan on making gratuitous use of Web, Grease, etc. they jump up in value.