Skip to content

Question about dual classing fighter 3 / mage x

I just finished iwd and how with full party and was planning to try solo run next. My question is about dual classing - whats the point of having fighter 3 - mage x since you cant use fighter gear (long swords for example) after turning into mage? Just for hp reasons? Thanks.

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you can, you just have to gain levels in mage class higher by one than the fighter class. after that you regain fighter abilities and weapon proficiencies.
  • MeRLiMeRLi Member Posts: 2
    Okay thanks. But still cant cast spells while wearing fighter gear?
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    You can find a Elven Chain of the Hand +3 as a random drop in the Severed Hand or, if you are lucky/save scum, Kaylessa's Elven Chain by killing Kaylessa (the elven captain in Severed Hand). Alternatively, if you are Kensage, you can use one of the extremely powerful Wizard robes.

Anyway, the elven chainmail have extremely high stats and will turn you fighter/mage (or thief!) in an extremely capable fighter. With that said, I would not personally suggest dual classing at level 3 and to avoid Kensai unless you will go at much higher levels. (Note: High difficulty setting gives bonus XP and therefor makes dualing at higher levels a valid tactic)

Elven Chainmails can also be used by Bards and Thieves without dissalowing the usage of spells and thieving abilities (but does give a -15% penaltry or so to Thievery skills).

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    MeRLi said:

Okay thanks. But still cant cast spells while wearing fighter gear?

not all fighter gear, only armor other than the special elven chain type.
    you can wear helmets, shields and any weapon and cast spells.