Skip to content

Few noob questions

So, I returned to Icewind dale after loooooong period and I would like to have few answers regarding this game, because I forgot too much.

1/ I came to the Vale of shadows to investigate some tombs and there are some enemies called "Lesser shadow" and "Shadow" in this area. I managed to kill all Lesser shadows, but one Shadow remained and I cannot kill or even hurt him. All I got is "weapon ineffective" in the chat window. Is this some kind of bug or how can I kill him? Because he is following me now and repeatedly killing all my party members, therefore I´m stuck right now.

2/About mages or all spellcasters in general. How can I cast the spell? If I got some spell scroll and I open it and click write down the spell, it is inscribed in my spellbook and the scroll is consumed. To cast the inscribed spell I need to obtain another scroll? And how can I put my inscribed spells to quickbar to use them?

Thank you for clarification and having patince with noob:-)

NOTE: I´m playing ond Android device.
lolien

Comments

• CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    edited November 2014
    1. Yeah the Shadow in the Vale gave me troubles too, the only way to damage it, is to use magic. So you could try to find a magical weapon. Or use your spells to take the Shadow down...

2. When you scribe a spell, you have to put it in your spellbook (on android double tap AFAIK), and then rest your party, before the spell becomes available. You can NOT use the scribed spells in quick slots, you have to go into the spellbook and choose. But you can use the scroll in the quick slot, to cast it right away (but then it will disappear after use)...

Hope this will help :)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • ParadoxParadox Member Posts: 31
    Weapon ineffective usually means you need a magical (+1 at least) weapon to hurt it.
    Or it could be the weapon type (slashing, piercing etc), change out weapons and try again.
    loliendarkllordJuliusBorisov
  • darkllorddarkllord Member Posts: 3
    Oh, thank you very much for your kind answers, now it is everything clear.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Hello @darkllord‌ !
    @Cluas‌ and @Paradox‌ ninjaed me but maybe i can be some help with this: you should read the manuals, you can find a lot of answer in them (and they are interesting too):

http://www.beamdog.com/files/iwdee/iwdee_manual1.pdf
    http://www.beamdog.com/files/iwdee/iwdee_manual2.pdf
    CluasJuliusBorisov
  • darkllorddarkllord Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much lolien! I find this very useful.
    lolienJuliusBorisov