Skip to content

[spoilers] Ballad of Daen Winterbrush

QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
What does it do?

You can equip it to a bard's quickslot. Upon activating a spectral female bard figure appears, there's a small unfulfilling dialogue, and the figure disappears. Anyone figured something more?

Speaking of bards...is there armor they can use, AND cast spells in it? Haven't found a single one.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    My bard is using Kaylessa's armor right now. Kaylessa is found in one of the fingers of the Severed Hand.
    Before that I was using bracers of defense and mage spells that give you AC.

I've been playing the game for months and I still have no Idea what Daen Winterbrush needs.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    The Ballad...

...is for upgrading The Sword of Myrloch Vale. It's not a spectacular upgrade, just some lore and +1 charisma. You can buy the sword in Kuldahar
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Just got the Elven Chain Mail of the Hand +3 and that one allows bard to cast spells, before I had AC6 bracers. Good.

Didn't get any armor from Kaylessa though.
  • MaxAraderMaxArader Member Posts: 17
    That ghost took away ballade, sword and just disappeared!
    edited November 2014
    MaxArader said:

That ghost took away ballade, sword and just disappeared!

Same here...Also the Bren Muller's Crossbow upgrade doesn't work either. The spell's ghost came, said something about it, left, and nothing happened. Might be bugs in those upgrades, huh?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The sword not upgrading is a known issue--if you upgrade it using Murdaugh or Telanis the spirit hands the upgrade to them instead of the party.

For the crossbow, you should have a new ability on it called Deadeye.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    CamDawg said:

The sword not upgrading is a known issue--if you upgrade it using Murdaugh or Telanis the spirit hands the upgrade to them instead of the party.

Is it weird that every time I see your posts, I read it in Zap Brannigan's sweet, sweet, voice?
    The ghost said "you can now breifly make it more accurate" or something, vanished, and the crossbow stayed the same.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Beware that scumbag ghost!

• igotsmeakabob11igotsmeakabob11 Member Posts: 19
    CamDawg said:

So my bard can't upgrade the blade himself? The NPC options do work however?

When're we looking at a patch, date-wise?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

CamDawg said:

So my bard can't upgrade the blade himself? The NPC options do work however?

When're we looking at a patch, date-wise?
    1. Quite the opposite.
    2. Probably this year, but I'm not authorized to say a date.