Skip to content

Why are HoW voices way louder than the other ones?

Was probably the same way with the vanilla game, but any decent sound editor should fix this easyly, so why not doing it?

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I don't notice any difference frankly. It must have something to do with your sound card.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2014
    Belanos said:

I don't notice any difference frankly. It must have something to do with your sound card.

No it has nothing to do with my soundcard :/

There is clearly a big difference of volume between HoW female 3 and Mage female 2 for instance, please give it a try again
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

There is clearly a big difference of volume between HoW female 3 and Mage female 2 for instance, please give it a try again

Maybe with those two particular sound sets there's a difference, but I've been playing with others for at least two days now and there is no differences at all.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I seem to recall something about this when HoW first came out. I think it's to do with them increasing the sample rate for the HoW voices, which causes them to sound louder with some sound cards.
    Fardragon said:

I seem to recall something about this when HoW first came out. I think it's to do with them increasing the sample rate for the HoW voices, which causes them to sound louder with some sound cards.

yes it sounds like iwd samples voice are 32khz while HoW are 44khz. i have a good soundcard since I make electronic music and of course i can easily hear the huge difference -_-
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @ifupauline‌
    If you make e-music then your probably know your way around an editor or two.

Can't you just extract the IWD soundsets and tweak them to your preference?

I'm asking because I, too, noticed the volume discrepancy, and would like it fixed.
    edited November 2014

@ifupauline‌
    If you make e-music then your probably know your way around an editor or two.

Can't you just extract the IWD soundsets and tweak them to your preference?

I'm asking because I, too, noticed the volume discrepancy, and would like it fixed.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition\Data\00798\lang\en_US\sounds

here is the path, but the hassle doing it man -_- it will be easier to lower the volume of the HoW samples, i'll try fixing it.

edit : my sampler can't read those .wav files neither my converter so that nails it. it seems vlc can read them though. too much of a hassle, maybe soundforge can i don't know, if developers want to spend their time editing 150 files why not -_- that was the purpose of this thread -_-
    Post edited by ifupauline on