Skip to content

Did Beamdog add in some sort of Romance or other Sexual content to Icewind Dale?

Dear Community of Avid Hack and Slash 18 Intelligence Wizards,

This is a simple question. The last rework had some added content. I would like to know if any of the Icewind Dale rework had added content that contained any romance or sexual content? If so please briefly explain the nature of such an add? I do not in any way want to get people mad. I already expressed my feelings to Beamdog before via email so they realize I am pompous or what not already. But, I would prefer to not have some kind of surprise and regret buying the product if the new portions failed to meet the Lawful Good standards hardly follow.

Cheers,

Your Portly Playa Friend,

Beowulf Savior of the Gulf Lands and Ocean Monster Killa USMC

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Nope, nothing of the sort
    CrevsDaakjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    ahh great it had none before- thanks... ahh mods can delete this and ban me now... I may well still buy it though - ha ha
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    There's a dwarven lass you can hit in the first tavern. But she has a beard.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    Beowulf said:

... ahh mods can delete this and ban me now...

Not sure if serious...

Anywho, if you do buy it, you may want to skip the Heart of Winter intro video. It's apparently a little to risqué for Apple.

gettincrzyCrevsDaakjackjack
  • The_ReverendThe_Reverend Member Posts: 17
    There's no romantic content per se, but anyone who tries HoF without a bard gets screwed.
    jackjack
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    Koyote said:

Beowulf said:

... ahh mods can delete this and ban me now...

Not sure if serious...
    I believe this was the same guy who posted about BG2EE because it added in the potential for a gay romance that offended his sensibilities. You can imagine how the rest of that went.
    gettincrzyelminsterRavenslightjackjack
  • gettincrzygettincrzy Member Posts: 21
    I don't want to picture that. Sounds rather hectic. I really enjoyed the fact the IWD was so different from BG. Baldur's Gate had the story that I loved set it a fantastic world but every now and again I just want to make a group of op companions and destroy some monster faces. Then when I would start to feel guilty for slaughtering hordes of monsters I would go back to Baldur's Gate.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Ramza said:

I believe this was the same guy who posted about BG2EE because it added in the potential for a gay romance that offended his sensibilities. You can imagine how the rest of that went.

Maybe the same guy, but his forum name was banned.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Biographies. You can write them. Let your imagination go wild and come up with some lewd stories for the party members.
    CrevsDaakjackjacklunarJuliusBorisov
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    Oh I figure he has a contentious viewpoint about sexuality (although, what viewpoint about sexuality isn't contentious in some way...HA). I just couldn't figure out if he was taking a jab at someone or if he actually believed he had witten something worthy of being banned.
    gettincrzy
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Right you are on the ban... At any rate I will be glad to check here for advice on the game battles later. I do hope you enjoyed the other games as much as you liked. But, though I claim to be a Crusader Viking Warrior of thee Ole Corps - with the Laws and Regs therein followed- a fine Lawful And Goodly Champion of all Oils, baby black scorpions, and Arab Hawking Rich men (all of which I done in da Gulf) I am wont to stray from its strictures as my eyes wander. Though I may fall from Grace now and then- I never like Ammoen - went to some District and wasted a Mansion for Hateful Revenge... well ok ok I guess if you count boots on the ground during air strikes as party to Uncle Sams thirst for the Black Blood of the SUVs... you can claim me a partaker...

Anyway, I hope you all have a good time - even if that means Playing online with your friends in an All Girl Drow Party role playing Chaotic Evils... of course you should choose your Alignment and not be a pansy about it waffling ... One thing I hated was those Neutrals who would leave when you were Perfectly 20 Good or Flaming Fist Fragging 1 Evil....