Skip to content

Final boss Enhanced ?

SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
Hi !

I remember in the vanilla game, I have no difficulty to beat this boss (years ago, so maybe I'm wrong). Here, I think my group is as good as it was in the past, but... oooooh I cant even damage that demon... My main fighter is a Dark Knight, level 11, two-handed sword +4, THACO @ 1, 3 attacks per round, strenght boosted ....
Second fighter is a dwarf multiclass thief/figther with a +3 Axe. Well I have no problem to go throughout the chapters, Yxunomei was "easy", Malavon was a piece of cake etc...

But, no way against Belhifet, and it does a lot of damages despite my -8 AC

Withe EE Keeper I give myself the Katana +5 against extra planar creatures, just to see how it was, and here it's really easy with this weapon.

So, what do you think ? I dont know if the boos has been enhanced, but according to me I suppose that my dark knight is not as good as a pure warrior should be at the same level (maybe that's why it was easier in my last vanilla game, no extra classes). Or my Thaco isn't good enough ?

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I do believe he is stronger because of Heart of Winter, my team completed all of Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster before tackling him and he was still a fairly good challenge.
    -8 AC is nothing to brag about though, I think my main tank had -15 AC at the end, before gaining any buffs from spells or bard song.
  • CrawleyCrawley Member Posts: 74
    You should rape him with arrows. Seriously.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    Level 11 ?

Easy Yxunomei wish to state you had no Heart of Fury :D

Yxunomei shut the door behind me , breaking it was never easy.

My end-game without Heart of Winter strolling :

They did a good job if they enhanced him. I was waiting for the game to continue reallly. Really. I hadn't checked out HoW yet , still. I sad.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    I did Icewind Dale alone, no HoW and no Trials of the Luremaster, no Heart of Fury (it breaks the game). I did all quest too. But Dark Knight needs more xp to level up compare to a classic fighter (and I think this new kit should be only in BG2, you need very high level to become interesting)
    Sorrial then. I know no Dark Knight comes Batman to mind.

No HoW means you'll gonna lock your level. But if you're enhanching , then the game wants you to check out the HoW maps also then. Because Belhifet is easy even with HoF. And level 11 is low. Battle just needs some attention to detail but I want that I'm not slaying goblins no more , no sir!

But you come to the end of it. I remember ( ? ) there was no turning back from that point. Slay Belhifet you must. Or it's rolling screen again. :P

• rjawiygvozdrjawiygvozd Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem, and I can't play Heart of Winter before fighting boss, because any saves where I still have choice to do so were made a long time ago, no way I will waste that much time again. After couple of hours of suffering I have just used story mode to finish the game. My berserker and paladin are level 11.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    You can teleport your party back to Kuldahar with clua console and talk to Hojllder to start HoW. I suppose you will need to teleport again to the final boss after the add-on.

I have started a new game, I'm at the Severed Hand and my fighter is already more powerfull than my dark knight, I think some kits dont fit with Icewind Dale
    I have just exported my characters from last save and started new HoW game with them. I think I don't really care about doing proper boss fight now, won't see anything new anyway.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I found him tough with my solo character - his poison and disease stack up.

Remember potions are your friends. Chug an invisibility and spend that time buffing yourself up with spells and more potions. Then be sure to avoid the dispel traps.

If you can separate and destroy the golems first then things get much easier.
    Well, with more careful approach to choosing spells and potions and some research on his attacks and avoiding traps and some crazy kiting-like movements I have actually managed to defeat the dude on core difficulty. I feel better now, thanks to you guys. )
    moody_magejackjack