Skip to content

Custom Portraits

I have compiled a pretty large (100+) amount of custom portraits that are sized for Icewind Dale EE. They took me a long time to put together, I am happy to share them with anyone that is interested but I am not sure of the best way to do that. I would be happy to dropbox the files and then someone could disburse them through the normal channels, I am open to ideas. To be clear I didn't make any of these but I found them through various searches etc and I think they are a nice addition if you like custom portraits.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Iirc there was a big shared dropbox for BG portraits, but I can't remember what ended up happening to it or whether it's still up. But the system worked, I suppose?

Alternatively you could just zip it into one file and put it on some free webhosting service I guess.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Perhaps a zip or rar file, that you could attach here directly? Would love to see the collection :)
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    I would be very interested to see them as well!
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    I have made a drop box link to them as they were too big to link here. I hope this works, here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2s7jihnpzjqd86/portraits.zip?dl=0

As a brief overview, this is what is contained. 2 files for each, one large and one medium. The medium one is just a reduced size of the large one so if you want to zoom in on the face you may have to do that independently. M to start the file means a male, f means a female. I have the following:

7 archer specific pics
    20 dwarf pics
    12 female mages
    20 female warriors
    about 10 half orcs (not all are listed as half orc specific)
    almost 70 male warriors
    a few other drow, mage, thief style photos

I hope you like this, feel free to share with anybody
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I'll take that opportunity to post the pictures I'm using as well. It's only 8, mostly elf/drow/somethingelfdrowlike female portraits. And of course all blatantly stolen off the internet, I only did the cropping/resizing and none of the artwork.

Those are IWD-optimized formats (M and L), but I guess you could use them for BG, too, with some tweaking. If people like them I have BG versions, too, maybe I'll upload those as well somewhere.
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited November 2014

Iirc there was a big shared dropbox for BG portraits, but I can't remember what ended up happening to it or whether it's still up. But the system worked, I suppose?

Last I remember is that the dropbox thread was locked. Reason behind it was most likely copyrights, the lack of credits and/or posting artworks without the artist's permission. Since then, there has been strict rules on sharing portraits on this site.

Morale of the story:
    Always credit where credit is due and ask for permission before using artworks as portraits.